Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Andy,

You mean these streamers?  (see photo)

Can I take them off your tricycle? ;D ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

These streamers would be good for Bruce's Warwings.  For your streamers, I definitely recommend "CAUTION" tape.  :)

Andy

Skyking

Hi Michael. I went and flew at the field but had not seen this notice. After I read it I realized that I had not broken any of the rules. I now formally comply that I have read the new rules and agree.
Thanks,
Ken
Actually, I can.

Michael

Michael

Canuke

Michael, I would like you to rethink your answer on Peter's suggestion to have flyers be able to bring their own disposable  table top covers.  Seniors, specifically the Morning Crew, often have great difficulties bending over to work on planes.  I personally flew yesterday morning at 8:00 and had this difficulty, aggravating my bad back.  I did being my own small garden table that fit in my car but it was not satisfactory.  I do not believe the Town would have any problem allowing this use of the tables knowing the circumstances. If you are uncomfortable contacting the Town regarding this, I would be happy to do this myself.  As a senior with disabilities, perhaps my personal story would sway them,
especially if they are objecting.

Gerald Danen

I do not see my name on the list, did not receive the email and my membership is up to date.  Please fix.

Gerald Danen
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

Michael

Jim,

I have thought about this (and other issues) to a good degree.

The law enforcement officer was very clear in that nobody can share anything: tables, chairs, etc.

He specifically said that if people have difficulty complying with the rules, they shouldn't come to the field.

I am being offered advice, opinions, and requests from several members to try to make exceptions, be more lenient, etc.

I have to make decisions for the benefit of the club and comply with the guidelines strongly suggested, and try to satisfy as many people as possible. For some, there may be no good solution, for example, beginner training pilots are not allowed to fly under the current situation.

The law enforcement officer gave us a fair degree of leeway on specific issues but warned us that if there is an appearance of contravention of our agreement, the police could still intervene and take measures that could affect our current open status.

I do not want to overwhelm nor exasperate the situation we have by having more people interact with the officer/municipality, claiming to represent the club, or specific aspects of the club.

We can't have a situation where some members can use tables and some can't.

We have a great club, and many very helpful members. I think a better solution would be to coordinate flying time with other members, who, wearing masks and gloves, can safely help set up your table with or for you.

As well, it is possible that the rule prohibiting the sharing of tables and chairs, could be relaxed in coming weeks.
Michael

Michael

Quote from: Gerald Danen on May 17, 2020, 08:33:23 AM
I do not see my name on the list, did not receive the email and my membership is up to date.  Please fix.

Gerald Danen

If you did not receive the email, then it is likely we have an incorrect email address for you.

Please send me your email address.

[email protected]

Michael

Frank v B

Further to Michael's answer on the use of the tables:

I have flown twice: Friday and Saturday and offer this perspective.

Please accept the new normal: what we were used to and what would like to do is out the window.  I have bad knees* and my wife suffers from asthma.  My choice is to be very careful or not fly.  It is binary and not negotiable.

Change the way you fly: I would love to fly my large Mustang, maiden my .40 size Knox re-build and fly the ballistic Rarebear but I bring small planes, have the batteries already charged and installed and the wing attached.  I open the trunk, connect the battery go fly.  Is it ideal? ... No.  Does it beat staying at home?  Absolutely.

Put yourself in the Compliance Officer's shoes:  He is probably overworked and has had to handle all outdoor venues in the last two weeks (golf courses, horse venues, etc.).  He was interested and concerned enough to come out and visit a club with 100 members.  He voiced his opinions and concerns.  We must implement them or shut down.  Again, I see this as not negotiable by any club member.

I will enforce the rules as agreed to by the TEMAC executive and will report anyone who breaks them so the other 100 members can continue to enjoy a limited freedom.

Frank

*diagnosed with advanced osteoarthritis but declined to have them replaced.

Canuke

I have no problem with the town official telling us not to use the tables (end of discussion). If he was aware of our suggestion to put disposable covers on the tables and he also said not to use the tables (end of discussion). I did not see that mentioned in the logs and that was my point. I also flew on Friday and observed the rules and I will continue to do so. I will work around the restrictions and hopefully get better at it.

Michael

Disposable covers do not prevent different people from touching the tables each time they use a cover.
There is no such thing as a universal disposable cover for the tables at TEMAC.
One person may use disposable covers, but another person may see that and use the table without covers.
One person might leave a disposable cover on the table, and someone else might touch it.

This is exactly the kind of discussion that I do not want to have with the law enforcement officer, on each issue and rule.

We were very lucky to get such a fast and lenient approval with the rules as they are.

I'm really sorry if the current status is inconvenient for you, but in other ways, it is inconvenient for each and every member, who all have different issues.

This was the best I (we) could do for now.
Michael

Skyking

Handshakes etc are not allowed but we can still give hickeys can't we.
Actually, I can.

Frank v B

Ken,

re:"Handshakes etc are not allowed but we can still give hickeys can't we."

Great to see the old Ken is still alive and well. ;D

Frank

Canuke

Michael, Your explanation makes sense. End of discussion.

Michael

The list on page 1 should be up-to-date.

If anyone has paid their dues and sent me confirmation of acceptance of the new covid19 safety rules, and your name is not on the list, please let me know.

[email protected]

Michael