Flying Friday, May 30, 2020- Two hours of rain reprieve.

Started by Frank v B, May 29, 2020, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Mark satin wanted some help with 3 planes (maiden- new AeroScout, re-trim the Tundra and first flight of the repaired SloPoke).  We conspired to meet at the Field Friday at 2 pm and invited our best friends... and Andy.  ;) Everyone showed up.  Dave, Rob D., Simon, Bruce, Mark, Andy, Michael.  Michael did his weather job and parted the rain clouds at 2 pm and the rain returned at 4 pm.  We all flew.  Worth the trip.

Photo report:

80- Andy, doing what the does best.... picking on me.
82- pushing the magic button on the nose of the P-47.
83- Rob, are you sick of the Covid requirements?
84- Rob prepping his T-34
85- Who is the new guy.  Simon after a busy week at work.  The start of summer hours.
86- Dave manages a smile.
88- Mark talking to his customers and complaining about being stuck in his basement.
90- No comment
91- Andy asked Dave to use.  How cruel.  He now has to get up.
93- Mark, are the birds trying to tell you something.  Birds making direct hits.
95- Simon brought a few planes.
97- Andy trying to make it as a centrefold pin-up for the National magazine for Retired Environmental Engineers.
98- Michael taking credit for parting the rain clouds.
00- Andy reversed his motor to protect himself from Bruce's active rear-end.
04- Andy getting into the air to go after Bruce.
06- Rob contemplating the boredom of retirement..... not!
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

On my way to the field I was behind this truck at Woodbine and Stouffville Road.  What does the yellow sign on the back of the truck mean?

Frank

bweaver

It means you have to get a camera with an automatic focus feature! ;D

Andy Hoffer

2386 - Frank praying for deliverance from COVID-19 and Andy, not necessarily in that order.
2396 - Dave preparing to be towed up by his Tundra.
2410 - Mark is incredulous and elated that Frank didn't destroy any of his planes.
2407 - Mark sporting his omni-frequency long-range antenna, causing Frank to salivate!
2412 - Rob's sartorial accompaniment to his COVID-19 retirement slogan: "Your money or your planes!"

Andy Hoffer

2415 – Simon contemplating how to shorten the roll out.
2420 - Simon internalizing First Person View.
2470 - Simon's nails his variant of a 3-point landing!
2473 - "He wears a white Tilley and he's usually carrying a camera.  Please save me.  I'll pay anything!"

Andy Hoffer

2478 - "Thunderstorm? What, me worry?!!"
2551 - Bruce's P-51 bravely faces the pending thunderstorm head on.
2483, 2484, 2486 - Life is beautiful.  Take a bow Michael.

Andy Hoffer

2553, 2558, 2565 – "It's hangar time!"

That was a sweet afternoon...  8)

bweaver

Yes, it was definitely a sweet afternoon. 

It was nice to see and enjoy everyone's company from a safe distance.  The way I see it, it looks like everyone's complexion has improved significantly.

@Frank v B , while your photo's are great good, @Andy Hoffer , you are 'magic' with a camera and the end results are both beautiful and astonishing.   ;)

Andy are you going to share more photos and encourage more people to become conspiracy theorists?

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: your comment about Andy " you are magic' with a camera and the end results are both beautiful and astonishing.   ;)"

We finally found a redeeming quality.  He's not a total PITA* ;D ;D

Frank

* pain in the aperture. ;)

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B k and @bweaver ,

Thanks guys.  You are very kind.  The fact is I have been blessed with a plethora of eclectic subject matter at TEMAC that never fails to entertain, no matter where I point the camera. 

You guys always make my photographic day!!  8)

Cheers!

Andy

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying