• September 27, 2020, 12:57:58 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: lost battery  (Read 230 times)

Offline octagon

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 226
  • Started Flying RC: 1974
lost battery
« on: June 03, 2020, 05:24:57 pm »
Hi Guys,
Yesterday I was performing an outside loop with my Commander Pattern Plane. At the bottom of the loop the canopy flew off and I think the battery was propelled into the bean. I have searched to no avail. It is a cruel trick that God makes about every 10 clod of earth look square and dark. Anyway, if anyone finds a 4s 4000 ma Graphine battery can you let me know. The crash site was about 100 yards out and abeam the middle pilot station, but I suspect the battery is a long way from there.
Thanks, Rob D

What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Athol

• Pilot
  • TEMAC #: 264
Re: lost battery
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:44:39 pm »
We have to stop Outside Loops - the negative G's are having a grounding effect on the aircraft's survivability  8)

Offline octagon

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 226
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:43:30 pm »
Well I was living by my tag line "What could possibly go wrong?" I think I am going to maiden my Ultra Sport tomorrow but will reframe from an outside loop.
What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Athol

• Pilot
  • TEMAC #: 264
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 09:23:57 pm »
I'm going to get some flying in tomorrow too - in the morning. Look forward to seeing you.

Offline Frank v B

• Ace
  • TEMAC - Assistant to the Assistant Greeter.
  • TEMAC #: 141
  • Started Flying RC: 1989
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 05:50:12 pm »
Found the battery today.  Mark and I did a search pattern.  I asked Mark if it was lost going northbound.  Yes!  One rule of thumb: a battery will usually be found at least 75 feet head of the crash site.  Don't ask me how I know.

It was north of the edge of the cut grass and halfway between the runway and the clump of trees east of the runway.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"