Lost AeroScout

Started by msatin, June 03, 2020, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msatin

I'm afraid I lost my new AeroScout as well.
I lost orientation as it was being blown south, and saw it go down close to the tree line.
However I couldn't find it, so I must have misjudged where I saw it.
My MAAC id tag was on it.
Hopefully it will turn up
You never fail until you stop trying

bweaver

Where's that farmer when you nee him? 

I'm sure it will turn up.  Apparently they fly very well on their own. 

We can put a group together tomorrow to find it if it hasn't shown up by then.

msatin

Thanks Bruce.
I'm still hopeful - but I did spend over an hour looking.
I'll try again tomorrow
You never fail until you stop trying

Gil.E

Hi Mark,
I believe I have most of what you are looking for.

See attached photo for what was brought and left at the field by an unknown person.  It seems all the electronics, electrical components, etc is intact and in good shape. However, the entire wing and top section of fuselage wasn't found or recovered. The only bright side: you could probably re-use all the components in the construction of a new model...

I have no idea who found it but I am guessing it might be the farmer.   Ken , who was in the field when I arrived this evening handed it over to me, saying it was found in the south section of the field and asked me to post about it. I took the model with me, since it was too large to safely squeeze under the lost & found table, not to mention unsafe to leave all the exposed electronics/components and battery under potential high winds and rain fall.

Anyways, please send me a private message so we can meet and transfer the remains of your Aero Scout.

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.