Flying today- Thursday, June 4 Field report.

Started by Frank v B, June 04, 2020, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

A beautiful sunny day but gusty winds from the west.  Beats working.
Andy, Michael, Alan, Dave, Alex, Rob, Greg and Sophia were there.

30- Michael just before the maiden flight of the Avro York
31- Michael's Yok flying during its maiden outing.
32- Michael on a low pass.
33- Proud builder and flyer.
34- Alex and his high performance pattern plane.
37- Dave flying his Tundra.
39- ....and then Andy arrived.  Game over.
40- Hey mister, there is a speed bump in the runway.  Andy taking a photo of my L'il Roughneck 23" span model.
42- Mark getting his fleet ready.
44- Andy getting his power glider ready.
46- Andy, does your doctor know all his tongue depressors are holding your plane together?
51- Andy pre-flight.  Looking for divine intervention.
52- Andy, there is a piece of wing that does not have tape on it.  Does your Cessna 150 look like that too?
       Notice the 5 degrees "UP" left aileron.  The launch was perfectly straight.  The plane is obviously not. ;D
53- Greg was let loose for the day.
54- Sophia brought her father to the field.  That's what good behaviour gets you.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 04, 2020, 06:12:24 PM
A beautiful sunny day but gusty winds from the west.  Beats working.
Andy, Michael, Alan, Dave, Alex, Rob, Greg and Sophia were there.

30- Michael just before the maiden flight of the Avro York
31- Michael's Yok flying during its maiden outing.
32- Michael on a low pass.
33- Proud builder and flyer.
34- Alex and his high performance pattern plane.
37- Dave flying his Tundra.
39- ....and then Andy arrived.  Game over.
40- Hey mister, there is a speed bump in the runway.  Andy taking a photo of my L'il Roughneck 23" span model.
42- Mark getting his fleet ready.
44- Andy getting his power glider ready.
46- Andy, does your doctor know all his tongue depressors are holding your plane together?
51- Andy pre-flight.  Looking for divine intervention.
52- Andy, there is a piece of wing that does not have tape on it.  Does your Cessna 150 look like that too?
       Notice the 5 degrees "UP" left aileron.  The launch was perfectly straight.  The plane is obviously not. ;D
53- Greg was let loose for the day.
54- Sophia brought her father to the field.  That's what good behaviour gets you.

Frank

It was SO nice seeing @Frank v B k today.  I want everyone to give him LOTS of positive reinforcement for photo number 2444.  It is perfectly exposed, well composed, AND IT IS IN FOCUS.  This is a rare artistic event and must be lauded enthusiastically!!

Re photo number 2446, I am intrigued at Frank's interpretation of what is clearly a Haagen-Dazs Magnum ice cream bar stick that has nothing to do with my family physician.  See photo below.  They are made of very fine and straight-grained wood which is perfect for elevator repairs or making odd-shaped ribs.

Re photo 2452, Frank taught me a long time ago that you can trim to compensate for just about any flaws in construction, including a banana-shaped fuselage (which I also learned about from Frank).  The nice thing about foam is that you can give things a twist or a bend just before takeoff and the remedy usually lasts for the duration of the flight.  Any in-flight structural rebound serves as a check on your trimming reflexes and attention span.  8)

I would write more, but Frank had to leave early.  I feel badly that I didn't get enough time to work on my Frank Photo Essay, but I will make it up to him.  :D

Andy

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B 's CPU hard at work.  8)