Remembering the Lysander

Started by Andy Hoffer, June 27, 2020, 10:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

A small expeditionary force joined Glenn ( @electroflyer) in the TEMAC back 40 searching for the remains of his Lysander "Bushplane".

Glenn is already enthusiastically planning the Lysander MkII.  We will all be looking forward to seeing this beautiful and unique aircraft fly again.

Andy

bweaver

I am so sorry to hear about the crash.    :'(

It was one of my favorite planes to see a TEMAC. 

A great build @electroflyer http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,5171.msg33499.html#msg33499

I can't wait to see it resurrected.

electroflyer

Thanks Andy for both the help and photographs. I am still considering options for the possible rebuild.
As a public service announcement, I would like to remind everyone to "Stay out of the Trees!

bfeist

To quote @piker , "what trees?"

Sorry to hear about your crash, Glenn. I've always been impressed by your composure after a bad crash. You set the bar when it comes to shaking it off.

electroflyer

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the kind words. I am just in the process of stripping down the airframe.
With the weather being a little dicey, I have been able to fix a lot of outstanding items.
Lysander is now being checked over. Surprisingly, 3/4's of the damged wing is essentially intact. I will therefore build one new section and graft it into place.
I may change the colour scheme along the way. Operating front slats will now operate with the flap servo instead of being seperate. Most importantly, the ailerons and flaps will be hinged in a more conventional manner as they were too vague.

Ben, when are you coming out to the field? Hopefully soon!

Oscar

I am sorry to hear the crash of the Lysander.   :'( :'( :'(

electroflyer

Here is where the Lysander is at. She is now stripped to the bones so the rebuild can commence. I have some big modifications planned to make this aircraft more fun to fly.

sihinch

Sorry about the crash Glenn. Happy to hear the enthusiasm for improvements though. It's a beautiful model.