• July 06, 2020, 06:29:13 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: Inspecting old planes  (Read 61 times)

Offline bfeist

• TEMAC Website Admin
  • Administrator
  • Ace
    • Non-flying Projects Website
  • TEMAC #: 5
  • Started Flying RC: 1997
Inspecting old planes
« on: Yesterday at 08:34:34 pm »
I just went over a few of my planes to remind myself what state they are in, it's been a few years since I've been at the field regularly.

On my 2700W F5B hotliner (Enigma), I found two servos had come unglued in the wing and my elevator servo has a gear stripped. Being over a decade old there's no way I'll find the original Dymond D-60 servo in Canada. I'll have to pick up a HS-125MG Slim somewhere and try to make it fit. Lord knows how long things have been like this, but this is a friendly reminder to go over your fleet from time to time looking for trouble.

I also found that my Sunracer (pylon racer) won't run at all. No clue why yet but apparently hanging in my shop counts as wear and tear.

Online Andy Hoffer

• Global Moderator
  • Ace
Re: Inspecting old planes
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:42:24 pm »
I just went over a few of my planes to remind myself what state they are in, it's been a few years since I've been at the field regularly.

On my 2700W F5B hotliner (Enigma), I found two servos had come unglued in the wing and my elevator servo has a gear stripped. Being over a decade old there's no way I'll find the original Dymond D-60 servo in Canada. I'll have to pick up a HS-125MG Slim somewhere and try to make it fit. Lord knows how long things have been like this, but this is a friendly reminder to go over your fleet from time to time looking for trouble.

I also found that my Sunracer (pylon racer) won't run at all. No clue why yet but apparently hanging in my shop counts as wear and tear.
Hi @bfeist ,
Any surplus stuff at NASA from the Apollo program? :D

Andy
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:18:58 pm by Andy Hoffer »

Online sihinch

• TEMAC Past-President
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • TEMAC #: 124
  • Started Flying RC: 1987
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:17:59 pm »
I have a D60 Ben, if you want. @bfeist

Good message for us, though. Thanks for sharing.

Offline bfeist

• TEMAC Website Admin
  • Administrator
  • Ace
    • Non-flying Projects Website
  • TEMAC #: 5
  • Started Flying RC: 1997
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:29:21 pm »
Hi @sihinch, are you running your own hobby shop now? I'll take it!

Offline electroflyer

• Captain
  • TEMAC #: 7
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:55:15 am »
  Hi Ben,
  I seem to recall your last flight Sunracer, (I think last year) that you commented on the motor not running after the flight. That heat generation although much more under control than in the past, still rears its ugly head in those speedy guys.