Garbage at the field

Started by davidk, June 28, 2020, 05:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Lots of garbage at the field lately.  Fast food bags, napkins, cups.  Today... 2 empty plastic water bottles.  Usually along the west side of the parking lot.

Unfortunately, those contributing to, and reading this forum aren't the ones dumping their crap at the field.

Andy Hoffer

Hi @davidk ,

I certainly do sympathize with you on this.  It is most frustrating to see the results of inconsiderate behaviour by a few folks.

Though not an ideal solution, I derive some psychological therapy from simply picking up debris (prop blades, bottles, cigarette packages, wrappers, etc) as I find it.  There is a nucleus effect that takes place when garbage is left (it attracts more litter), and hopefully a cleaner site discourages the aberrant behaviour of littering.  Maybe a sign or two on the parking fences (e.g. "Please help keep our site clean and remove your trash.") would help, but there will always be some who just can't be bothered.

Thanks for raising this. Hopefully those who are on the forum reading this will encourage others to clean up after themselves for the sake of all club members.

Cheers,

Andy

davidk

Quote...hopefully a cleaner site discourages the aberrant behaviour of littering

This theory has not tested positive (covid reference) as I've been picking up litter consistently for weeks.  I think the litterers feel there's more room for more garbage.  Maybe they think leaving their garbage about makes it feel a bit more like home. :-\

Andy Hoffer

Hi @davidk ,

OK.  Then it's time to get out the wildlife camera traps and nail the offending ogres with photo reconnaissance.  It may be expensive, but the satisfaction will be enormous when we post the photos!   :D

Andy

msatin

Thanks for bringing this up David!
Even though I have always tried to make sure I leave nothing behind, (and hopefully I haven't) I have to admit I've not paid attention to what what others may leave.
I will not turn a blind eye anymore. Regardless of who leaves it, I will pick it up.
You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

SeeFernando

Can we also openly berate any offenders (and Frank... just because its Frank)
-Chris

BJROB

No 😲
Or @Frank v B  will start to sing.....
"Why is everyone always picking on me....dit do dit do dit do"
We don't want him singing......do we @Andy Hoffer
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: BJROB on July 06, 2020, 02:11:42 PM
No 😲
Or @Frank v B  will start to sing.....
"Why is everyone always picking on me....dit do dit do dit do"
We don't want him singing......do we @Andy Hoffer

I would LOVE to hear @Frank v B sing!!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzjvvOBWuHc

Just imagine doing a duet with him!!!

Here's one that Frank probably sang when he was growing up, a lament for a lost RC airplane that just couldn't take it any more. 

https://www.dutchsongs.overtuin.net/dutch-medieval-folk-songs.html

Although, maybe these beautiful Dutch folk songs are best left in instrumental form so as to increase everyone's longevity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxITYASgBI

The again, maybe I will learn this in Dutch and sing it for Frank as a Christmas gift!!  8)

(Thanks for the inspiration @BJROB !!!  You are absolutely the best set-up man in the club!)   :D

This post has been generously sponsored by the good folks at Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. who are connoisseurs of fine aviation humour. 8)

Andy

Frank v B

The music.... That's why I left Holland when I was 11 years old.

I miss the food, not the music. ;D

Frank

ps: I can verify that Mark picked up garbage at the field that was neither his... nor mine.

"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 06, 2020, 05:55:48 PM
The music.... That's why I left Holland when I was 11 years old.

I miss the food, not the music. ;D

Frank

ps: I can verify that Mark picked up garbage at the field that was neither his... nor mine.

Oh dear, an approach-avoidance conflict is looming on the horizon.  I would be so remorseful if my Dutch musical vocalizations gave @Frank v B cause to run screaming from TEMAC.  But the sublime pleasure of tormenting him with music from his childhood, emanating from my very own vocal chords, is just SO tempting.  What to do....  Music is my soul....  When the muse is there, you HAVE to sing....  And I am compelled to honour @BJROB 's insightful digression on this thread.  Yes, I must do the right thing.

Looking forward to the TEMAC Christmas party.   8)

Andy