Tables and chairs

Started by Forenplayer, July 02, 2020, 05:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forenplayer

Hello I just want to bring to your attention that most of RC clubs are now open and they're allowed to fly 10 persons at one time, also they are using their tables and chairs.Guys are TEMAC are scrambling inside their cars for no apparent reason. I'm not sure what the theory is behind not using tables and chairs but I think the board should definitely rethink it. We are all responsible adults and we are all able to act in the safe manner no one wants to get sick.

Thank you for your time

Frank v B

Bill,

Our behaviour at the field is in compliance with a Bylaw Officer who was kind enough to visit Rogo field. He asked us to do these things.  We agreed to do it so we will stay the course until the province goes to the next level of openness.  We are compliant with the bylaws governing Stouffville Whitchurch.  If the fields you are comparing us to are outside this area then you are comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry to be blunt but we need to do what authorities have asked us to do or they have every right to shut us down.  Being cautious is being safe.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Quote from: Forenplayer on July 02, 2020, 05:13:31 PM
Hello I just want to bring to your attention that most of RC clubs are now open and they're allowed to fly 10 persons at one time, also they are using their tables and chairs.Guys are TEMAC are scrambling inside their cars for no apparent reason. I'm not sure what the theory is behind not using tables and chairs but I think the board should definitely rethink it. We are all responsible adults and we are all able to act in the safe manner no one wants to get sick.

Thank you for your time

I appreciate the input, and everything is considered.

The decision to use the tables is not ours to make. The Stoufeville officer that gave us permission to open, carefully surveyed our field, and was insistent on us banning the tables and chairs.

While the economy is beginning to open up, it is not because the disease has been beat; it's because the economy has been beat. The threat remains unchanged.

The issue with basing rules on "We are all responsible adults" is that the statement is not always true, and many responsible adults have varying ideas of what is responsible.

I can ask the Stoufeville officer to reconsider the tables and chairs issue, but I don't want to jeopardize the fact that we have no limit on the quantity of flyers.

Please note: shopping malls that have opened are not allowing customers to sit on their benches. Also, outside patio restaurants are sanitizing their tables and chairs between customers.

We have about a hundred members. I think 2 (3 with you) members asked about using the tables.

It's not perfect, but a lot of members are having a lot of fun, despite the current restrictions.

I'd be willing to refund (with the board's approval) the 2020 membership fee to any member who is unwilling to fly at the club due to the table/chair restriction.
Michael

sihinch

I'm not sure that's the best way to ask for something @Forenplayer if you want a change!!!  :(

Andy Hoffer

I totally support the COVID-19 safety protocols in place at TEMAC.  We are fortunate to have been able to enjoy our facility with very little inconvenience.  Anyone who wants to bring their own chair and/or table can certainly do so.

COVID-19 should never be underestimated, and an abundance of caution is certainly warranted to protect our members - and their families. 

Thank you again to Michael for having negotiated a very reasonable set of conditions for our continued operation at the field under COVID-19.

Andy

Michael

I believe all facilities, benches and tables in parks are currently off-limits. When this changes, we will consider our options.

Michael