A glorious afternoon at TEMAC - July 24 2020

Started by Andy Hoffer, July 25, 2020, 04:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Friday July 24 was a fabulous day at TEMAC.  Glenn, Simon and Michael put on a great show of P51 formation flying, with the cumulus clouds providing a superb backdrop for photography (#94, 92, 96, and 97).  Yum!

@sihinch put on a masterclass of creative lawn sculpting landing his Supermarine Spitfire (#61).

@Michael provided perfectly choreographed fly-bys for photographers with his beautiful PT-19 (#33, 64 and 65).

@bweaver  demonstrated superb control of his exquisite vintage SIG bi-plane which he converted from gas to electric (#71,74, 04).

And Rob Dickinson (@octagon), with fierce determination flashing behind his sunglasses, executed a perfect bombing run on the runway with his Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless Dive Bomber (#45, 51, and 53).

There were a lot of other great performances, but, fortunately, especially for @Frank v B, there is only one of me, and I couldn't cover them all!!   8)

Enjoy!  (I know I did.)

Andy

Michael

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on July 25, 2020, 06:56:28 AM
Fantastic photos!

Thanks so much @Michael.  It's easy when you guys do all the hard work!  :D

Andy

davidk

A few more...

Andy Hoffer

These are fabulous @davidk !  I love your flight line photo of the four P51's and the runway shot of three P51's.  And your choice of shutter speed gives superb prop arcs images.  Way to go!!

We've got them cornered!!  :D

Andy

octagon

We are very lucky as a club to have such gifted photographers. Thanks Guys, love the pics.
What could possibly go wrong?