Tomorrow- Wednesday Aug 12- I'll be there 5-8 for informal training.

Started by Frank v B, August 11, 2020, 03:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Got my dates messed up* but I'll be there tomorrow (Wed. Aug 12) from 5 pm onward.... (as well as next week)

If you need help with a new plane, need help with a old plane, or..... like Andy...... you just plain need help, drop by the field. ;D ;D ;D

Frank

* thank you for the head-shake Gerald D.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Bill B

Frank, a few of us will try to come out to the field tomorrow, if we can figure out MAAC insurance and temac membership before then.
Bill

Frank v B

Bill,

Would love to see you at Rogo Field.  Bring your 20' span power glider. ;D ;D ;)

Frank

ps: Bill was one of the Ryerson students who graced our field a few years ago.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 11, 2020, 03:18:30 PM
Got my dates messed up* but I'll be there tomorrow (Wed. Aug 12) from 5 pm onward.... (as well as next week)

If you need help with a new plane, need help with a old plane, or..... like Andy...... you just plain need help, drop by the field. ;D ;D ;D

Frank

* thank you for the head-shake Gerald D.

need help with an old plane ... 8)

I do need help.  I can't seem to turn off my automatic spell check when I read your posts!!  ;D

Andy

GuyOReilly

sihinch

Mike_Kilo

@Frank v B

I may drive up tonight and squeeze in a flight, if I can get away from work a bit early.

Mike K.

Frank v B

Masked fun at 6 feet

What a perfect day.  The car count was at least 25.  Thanks to everyone who came out, as well as a newby to RC flight Mike Veit.  He will be back next Wednesday and I will give him a flight on the Club Trainer.

From memory the following showed up :  Glenn, Dave, Mark, Gerald D., Guy, Simon, Vadim, Jeff, Alex, Loi, Carlos, The Ryerson twins (Bill and Travis), Barrett, Bob, Andy, Oscar, BJ, visitors Mike and Mike, the other Alex, John A., Vic, George and me!

Thanks for showing up. 
Everyone was distancing. Most wore masks if closer than 6'.  No-one used the tables. 
Thank you for observing the Covid guidelines.

Frank

Frank v B

More photos

F.

Frank v B

msatin

Absolutely a fantastic evening and great to see so many people!
You never fail until you stop trying

sihinch

Here is some footage from my FPV plane, following the Ryerson glider that was flying in autopilot.  You get some idea of the fun of FPV.

It was much easier following a plane in autopilot, than one flown by Oscar or Gil!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYKy4M7siMg

davidk

...following...

So steady... that's really good.  The sunset shots are beautiful.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 12, 2020, 11:08:35 PM
Masked fun at 6 feet

What a perfect day.  The car count was at least 25.  Thanks to everyone who came out, as well as a newby to RC flight Mike Veit.  He will be back next Wednesday and I will give him a flight on the Club Trainer.

From memory the following showed up :  Glenn, Dave, Mark, Gerald D., Guy, Simon, Vadim, Jeff, Alex, Loi, Carlos, The Ryerson twins (Bill and Travis), Barrett, Bob, Andy, Oscar, BJ, visitors Mike and Mike, the other Alex, John A., Vic, George and me!

Thanks for showing up. 
Everyone was distancing. Most wore masks if closer than 6'.  No-one used the tables. 
Thank you for observing the Covid guidelines.

Frank

You can't help but be in awe of the rock solid concentration of trainee @Janus Hentzel, despite the potentially unnerving presence of his instructor, CFI @Frank v B

Beautiful flying Jan!  Your technique was so good that Frank was literally speechless.  You left him nothing to criticize .  It's a good thing I showed up so Frank could at least vent a bit!  He really needs that on a regular basis or things can go south quickly.  8)

Jan, you'll notice the use of fill flash in these photos.  If you're interested in an animated discussion, you may want to discuss this with Frank!!  ;D

Andy