Flying Report - Saturday Aug 8 2020

Started by Andy Hoffer, August 09, 2020, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

"Bean there, done that!!"

Yesterday was a great flying day.  Brisk south winds straight down the runway.

Even the beans were energetic, gobbling up planes from every direction.  We were, of course, happy to help sate their appetite for balsa and foam.  And we managed to cover all quadrants of the farm field, from Eric Hagens's (@Crazyflyer) jet in the north-northeast near Stouffville Road (stall due to strong tailwind turning left base??), to @ppalumbo's Hangar 9 Dodge Sundowner EF1 Pylon Racer to the east (trying to get 5000 mAh out of a 4000 mAh LiPo??), to myself to the south (waaayyyy south) trying to fly by gesticulation alone, once the conventional method of using transmitter and receiver succumbed to unknown electromagnetic gremlins (our beloved microwave/cell tower manifesting its authority perhaps??).

All of us demonstrated our superb athleticism in hurdling the waist-high beans during our recovery jaunts, to minimize collateral damage to the crops.

My sincere personal thanks to Eric (@Eric Adventurer), Stephan (@Crazyflyer) and Julien (@Adventurer) Hagens for helping me with my rescues and providing much appreciated company and extra eyeballs on the sorties into the haricots!

A reminder to everyone to tread as lightly as possible in the beans.  Walking along the rows works best, and careful, gentle straddling is a must when you have to cross rows.    We want our landlord to have a bountiful harvest.

Cheers!  Here's to 30-minute epoxy!

Andy