Just passed my Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System, Basic Operations exam

Started by bfeist, September 15, 2020, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

It's not needed if you're flying at a MAAC site like TEMAC, but good to get anyway. Didn't take long and was quite easy given that it's open book. It clarified a lot of things for me re the rules and I recommend it to all club members. This isn't only for quadcopters, it applies to all aircraft between 250g and 25kg--everything we all fly. Right now there's a MAAC member exemption to these regulations, but that could easily change.

So those of you who fly your foamy at a park, etc. you need to be aware of these new rules (as of last summer). The fines are intense.

Ben

Athol

Good job Ben  ;) As far as I recall, both Simon and I have the Basic RPAS Licence. Not sure of others.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Athol on September 15, 2020, 05:16:34 PM
Good job Ben  ;) As far as I recall, both Simon and I have the Basic RPAS Licence. Not sure of others.

Does my PPL count for anything?  :D

Andy

VadimKirillov

I passed the exam too.
Not sure where I can implement it.  I guess it's a backup plan for Rogo field if we loose MAAC sanction. 

bfeist

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on September 15, 2020, 09:37:25 PM
Quote from: Athol on September 15, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Does my PPL count for anything?  :D

Andy

It certainly does. This was a small sampling of what it would take to get a PPL.