New Micro Tundra

Started by davidk, October 13, 2020, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

HobbyKing has a new Micro Tundra... very cute.  It's $99 US.

Here's the problem.  At $99 US the plane is $1 under HK free shipping.  So, shipping is $57.  Very silly.

Does anyone want one?  If so, I'll order 2.  Cross Border Pickups $10 fee will apply for each plane, plus HST on the converted $99.

Oscar

Mike_Kilo

Very tempting.  I quite like the graffiti paint scheme.
If I wasn't still waiting for my big Tundra to ship I might be better inclined to give Hobbyking more of my money ;D.

Regarding Oscars suggestion, be careful as I was unable to add any Lipos to my last order and still qualify for the free shipping. I think it was the combination of hazardous (lipos) and oversize (big Tundra), but I can't be sure. Play around with the shipping estimator before you go to the check-out.

Oscar

I just did a dummy purchase.  You will be fine for free shipping.

davidk

Quote from: Oscar on October 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM
Dave - You can just buy 2 to 3 LiHV that will top up the free shipping.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-bolt-500mah-2s-7-6v-65-130c-high-voltage-lipoly-pack-lihv.html

I had a thought about that, but not in stock in the US.  I have about 10 300mAh 2S.  Plus, that would be another CBP fee.

davidk

Oscar referenced some reviews... I think I'll have a look first before ordering.  Already got bitten with the terrible FliteTest Freedom Fox.