Beautiful October

Started by Andy Hoffer, October 22, 2020, 12:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Some days nature really puts on an incredible show for us at the field.  Tuesday Oct 20 was such a day.  What a feast for the eyes!

Andy Hoffer

And then there are other days, where the guys present their own showstoppers:

Four....

Three....

Two....

One....

"Landing!!"

Take a bow Rob!

(Thanks @octagon !)  8)

Andy Hoffer

Ken Yu took full advantage of the perfect flying conditions and open skies on Wednesday Oct 21.  He flew his Tomahawk Futura sport jet flawlessly against a magnificent Mackerel sky backdrop.    Thanks for the great show Ken!   8)

Andy

GuyOReilly

This is ready to fly again.
I replaced the old and unreliable radio and servos.
Now ready for maiden flight... when weather improves...
Guy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on October 22, 2020, 10:24:35 AM
This is ready to fly again.
I replaced the old and unreliable radio and servos.
Now ready for maiden flight... when weather improves...
Guy

Fear not @GuyOReilly.  Timmins is getting snow tonight, so we'll be getting ours soon!  Get your skis and/or floats ready for your planes for THE best time of the year!!  ;D  (And of course, snow pants, electric long underwear and wool socks, sweaters, scarves, toques, parkas, snowmobile boots, electric gloves, thermos of hot coffee, and sun glasses!!)

À bientôt mon ami!

Andy

Mike_Kilo

@Andy Hoffer, as the Finns say, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Mike_Kilo on October 22, 2020, 06:32:47 PM
@Andy Hoffer, as the Finns say, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing ;D

EXACTLY!! 8)

bfeist

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on October 22, 2020, 08:09:37 PM

EXACTLY!! 8)

I hold that Torontonians are the coldest Canadians for this very reason. The rest of Canada doesn't mess around with proper winter gear.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bfeist on October 22, 2020, 08:19:17 PM
Quote from: Andy Hoffer on October 22, 2020, 08:09:37 PM

EXACTLY!! 8)

I hold that Torontonians are the coldest Canadians for this very reason. The rest of Canada doesn't mess around with proper winter gear.

Right on, @bfeist .  -40oC never bothered me at all growing up in Winnipeg!

Andy

Michael

In winter, I mostly grew up indoors, where it was warmer than -40 degrees.
Michael

bfeist

I grew up in Saskatchewan and Alberta. I'm with @Andy Hoffer

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on October 22, 2020, 10:42:00 PM
In winter, I mostly grew up indoors, where it was warmer than -40 degrees.

@Michael I am truly sorry you had such a deprived childhood!!  I promise to show you the sublime joys of winter at TEMAC come December and January.  I will help you with survival gear for you and your aircraft.  With all your float planes I would bet that your fleet is totally ready to chill out!!  ;D

Andy

bfeist

When you crossed the Ontario boarder at Ellis Island they just made your last name the town you were from?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bfeist on October 23, 2020, 12:52:09 AM
When you crossed the Ontario boarder at Ellis Island they just made your last name the town you were from?
An astute question @bfeist.  (I expected no less.  8)).  Actually my dad's uncle and my dad's father (both Hoffers) homesteaded in Saskatchewan in 1907.  They founded the town of Hoffer.

Andy