Flying today : Oct 22 2020

Started by davidk, October 22, 2020, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Some truly great flyers at the field today... and then the boys showed up.
CT-33 and a Sabre... and some excellent launching form.

davidk

and...

Michael

Successful launch scores:

Glenn: 0

Michael: 2

Michael

davidk

Quote from: Michael on October 22, 2020, 10:44:56 PM
Successful launch scores:

Glenn: 0

Michael: 2

Almost...

Glenn's first launch was successful... with the CT-33 coming within a foot of terra foima... but quick hands saved the day.
Launch 2 was... too close to the ground... actually on the ground.
Launch 3 ate weeds.
Launches 4 and 5 were elegant... and as you put it... javelin-like.

So that's 2 to 1, unless you're deducting for launches 2 & 3.

But... who's counting...  ;)

Michael

I forgot about the first flight.

You're right. 2 to 1.
Michael

Gil.E

@davidk
Minor correction: The "Mig" you cited is actually a Sabre.
Not a major identification problem these days since the war ended in 1953 and  Mig Alley has been quiet ever since. 
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

davidk

I'm always calling a Hurricane a Spitfire, too.  Can't tell one plane from another.

GuyOReilly

Quote from: davidk on October 23, 2020, 10:48:21 AM
I'm always calling a Hurricane a Spitfire, too.  Can't tell one plane from another.

HERESY!  :o  One cannot make such egregious mistakes.   ;D
Guy 

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on October 23, 2020, 12:58:16 PM

Guy
Hi @GuyOReilly ,

I think we have to cut @davidk  some slack on this one.  He's been really stressed out by all the deteriorated CAUTION tape which has been self destructing and auto-littering all over the field due to an absence of UV inhibitors in the plastic film.  Dave really has a good heart and we need to focus on his more redeeming attributes.   :D

As for planes, if it isn't a Pitts Special, who cares?!  8)

Andy

Andy

davidk

Guy

I know!  I'm the first to be horrified.  The only reason I know Glenn's Hurricane from his Spitfire is the Hurricane has a beige stripe around the fuselage near the tail.  It's a problem.
However, today I could tell the difference between a BAE Hawk and a Yak 130.  Now... they are both red... but I can now tell the difference.  So... things are getting a bit better.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: davidk on October 23, 2020, 06:19:38 PM

Guy

I know!  I'm the first to be horrified.  The only reason I know Glenn's Hurricane from his Spitfire is the Hurricane has a beige stripe around the fuselage near the tail.  It's a problem.
However, today I could tell the difference between a BAE Hawk and a Yak 130.  Now... they are both red... but I can now tell the difference.  So... things are getting a bit better.[/color]

I'm sure @GuyOReilly would agree that with @davidk 's "continual improvement" TEMAC is worthy of ISO 9000 certification!   ;D
Bravo Dave!!
Andy