Request for help at the field

Started by davidk, November 30, 2020, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Hello again.

I know we just finished clearing up the drainage areas at the field.  Thank you for that.

The roadway has become very potholed recently and will be quite bad by the spring.  I've ordered a 1/2 load of gravel that will be delivered Friday afternoon.  They can't tell me the exact time yet but will call me Friday to let me know.

Could I ask for help again?  I'm going to try to get the driver to dump at the worst spots - maybe 3 areas along the road.

I'll post here again as soon as I know the time.

Thanks,

David

msatin

Unless something comes up, I'll be there
You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

Terrific idea @davidk !!  I will be there.  I will put skis on my rake and hoe! 8)

Andy

octagon

I will be there this time unless CRAFT desease sets in again! Text me to let me know what time Dave.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on December 01, 2020, 10:04:28 AM
I will be there this time unless CRAFT desease sets in again! Text me to let me know what time Dave.

SO @octagon , is that CRAFT disease, or CRAFT deceased?!!  ;D

Hope to see you there, rake in hand!!

Andy

octagon

Well Andy, if it is the latter I will definitely not be there.
What could possibly go wrong?

davidk

I'll post here in the morning... as soon as I know what time the truck will show up tomorrow.  So glad to know all the work everyone is doing at the field is well worth the effort since our field has been renewed for 2021.

Cheers,

David

davidk

Gravel is being delivered some time after 12 today - probably closer to 12:30.  I've also arranged for a gravel slinger which means they can dump the gravel in several spots.  Hopefully, they can put the gravel into / around the potholes and then we'll just need to spread it a bit and settle it down.  I'll be there at noon, but no one else needs to be there until between 12:30 and 1.  I don't want to waste anyone's time.  First time doing this so I don't know how it will go.

Andy Hoffer

davidk

Couldn't have gone better at the field.  John (the driver) showed up at 12:45, backed his truck in, and painted our driveway with limestone.  He was an artist.

The gravel slinger is a wonder.  Remote controlled, all axis movement, controlled conveyer belt speed, and can pour the gravel closely or "sling" it more than 50 feet in a controlled stream.

Andy documented and Mark raked.  Thank guys... very much appreciated.

http://youtu.be/05ef1WcgaI0?hd=1

Michael

Michael

sihinch

davidk

And thanks to Glenn, Michael, and Rob for standing by, ready to move 11 tons of gravel.