• June 24, 2018, 04:26:58 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: Working on my new plane .....
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 04:12:49 pm »
Looking good.  I hope to see it flying this evening. 

The weather appears to be improving....
Keep going!!!!

- removed the old wheels and wheel pants and installed the new, much larger, wheels.  Comparison (Photo 78), the new landing gear (Photo 80).
- filled the edges of the plywood with spackling and is now drying. (Photo 79)  Sorry about the focus issue, Andy.
- picked out the covering for a close match from 5 different reds in my shop.

Frank

« Last post by Frank v B on Today at 02:30:31 pm »
Michael,

What a way to be able to fly at Bruce's yellow plane day without yellow.  Your entry ticket is the RCAF roundels.... and the fact that it flies. :D
It is a neat design by Laddie.  Timeless.

Frank

Bruce,

Of course any colour would do.  You probably can even use a drop of blood because of your dexterity in wielding your Xacto knife. 
There is a reason you married a nurse. ;D 

Frank
General Discussion / Re: Flying this Sunday June 24
« Last post by Oscar on Today at 02:07:55 pm »
Start charging batteries...  See you all at the field.  :D
« Last post by Michael on Today at 01:55:17 pm »
The weather forecast that I've looked at coincides with the one above.  I will be out arriving around 5:30 - 6 Chris, so there will be at least one 'qualified' instructor there enjoy watching you fly on your own.

If things go as planned, I'll be there too!
« Last post by Michael on Today at 01:54:12 pm »
Ready!

I may bring it out later today, if the rain stops, for a maiden flight.

E-Flite 32 brushless motor; 11/7 3-blade prop; 60 amp ESC, 4S-500mAh battery pack, approx. 600 watts at full throttle.

I hope that's enough power to take off without wheels.

Installing the plywood LG plate.

- made the plywood plate and shaped the edges and the two dowels to help mark the bolt holes- (Photo 73)
- marked the bolt holes on the plate by pushing it down on the dowels covered with a drop of blue paint. (Photo 75)
- Put a a drop of oil on the bolts so any errant glue will not stick.  Also put drop down the hole and into the blind nut below (Photo 76)
- cover the wood structure with glue and install the plywood plate.  The two bolts and large washers are used to clamp down the plywood.  Rubber bands hold the front.

Off to lunch so it can dry.

Frank

@Frank v B Does it have to be blue paint, or will any other colour do?  I know where there is a colour-match for that blue!  :D
Installing the plywood LG plate.

- made the plywood plate and shaped the edges and the two dowels to help mark the bolt holes- (Photo 73)
- marked the bolt holes on the plate by pushing it down on the dowels covered with a drop of blue paint. (Photo 75)
- Put a a drop of oil on the bolts so any errant glue will not stick.  Also put drop down the hole and into the blind nut below (Photo 76)
- cover the wood structure with glue and install the plywood plate.  The two bolts and large washers are used to clamp down the plywood.  Rubber bands hold the front.

Off to lunch so it can dry.

Frank
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 12:15:02 pm »
Andy,
I get it.  A conspiracy by our wives.  Cynthia wanted me to work around the house today so she made it rain..... but Mita wants you out of the house later on this afternoon so she is bringing the sun out. 8)

Notice two things:
- the report is not dated.  Could have been last year's forecast at this time.
- zero chance of snow.  Someone went out on a limb for this forecast. :)

Frank

Hi @Frank v B

Maybe I need a Dutch calendar!   8)

Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10