• June 24, 2018, 06:42:24 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Working on my New Ultra Sport
« Last post by octagon on Today at 06:00:26 pm »
I always thought the  Ultra Sport was a cool looking plane, and it's excellent flight characteristics are legendary, so when I saw a Great Planes ARF at Pinnacle I decided to get it, as who knows what is going to happen the GPs after the purchase of Hobbico by Horizon. Anyway ordered some good servos for it from Savox. The plane came with mechanical retracts, and this is only the second time I have installed mechanicals, and the first attempt ended in frustration and replacement with servoless gear. This worked almost perfectly right from the beginning  with the servo stalling only in the down position. I fiddled around with the travel adjustment on the radio but could not get rid of the stalling, so I simply moved the connection one hole more toward the centre of the servo so as to reduce the travel. I was very happy when that fixed the problem entirely. I will use an Eflite 52 I have and fly it on 6S I think, but maybe 5. They say the thing flies pretty fast, just over 100 mph full throttle, so it should be exciting. We are going to NYC next weekend, so I will miss the Cub fly (hey I'm the reining champion so I hate to miss it), but I should be able to get the Ultra finished in time for the weekend after.
TEMAC Events / Re: Only 7 more days to the CANADIAN CUB FUN DAY
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 05:05:53 pm »
Yes that's right, we are down to only 7 days, or one week to go. (That's the same thing @Frank v B )

The daylight hours are starting to get shorter now, so don't miss out on this opportunity to meet and fly with your friends.

I hope everyone has their Cub or Canadian Heritage Airplane primed, pre-maidened and ready to go.

There is going to be lots of time for flying and having fun.  Similar to last year, we will be having a Cub Challenge, for those who wish to participate. 

BIG IMPROVEMENT #1 This year's Cub Challenge event will have a few modifications within the challenges.  The limbo event will be significantly modified to minimize conflicts with those dreadful limbo poles and I have found a way on how to deal with orientation issues, some were experiencing. 

REMINDER Last year, there was only a prize for 'first place'.  The prize was potentially worth millions of dollars.  Rob Dickinson made off with the first place prize resulting from Rob demonstrating his luck and skills in winning the Cub challenge.  Unfortunately, his luck didn't carry on further for the big draw.

BIG IMPROVEMENT #2 This year there will be First, Second and Third-place prizes for the 3 most skillful/lucky competitors in the event. Comprehensive details of the event parameters will be published here in this post on the Forum for those who wish to practice, plan ahead, or think of ways to cheat, before they have to take to the air. 

BIG IMPROVEMENT #3 There will also be other great prizes for other competencies demonstrated by skillful, or not-so-skillful TEMAC members attending/participating throughout the day. 

Plan to be there, or be square.

7, 6, 5...
General Discussion / Kingston E Fun Fly
« Last post by Bigstik on Today at 04:50:01 pm »
Who is heading to Kingston for the annual e fun fly?
Building / Construction / Re: Working on my new plane .....
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 04:12:49 pm »
Looking good.  I hope to see it flying this evening. 

The weather appears to be improving....
Keep going!!!!

- removed the old wheels and wheel pants and installed the new, much larger, wheels.  Comparison (Photo 78), the new landing gear (Photo 80).
- filled the edges of the plywood with spackling and is now drying. (Photo 79)  Sorry about the focus issue, Andy.
- picked out the covering for a close match from 5 different reds in my shop.

Frank

« Last post by Frank v B on Today at 02:30:31 pm »
Michael,

What a way to be able to fly at Bruce's yellow plane day without yellow.  Your entry ticket is the RCAF roundels.... and the fact that it flies. :D
It is a neat design by Laddie.  Timeless.

Frank

Bruce,

Of course any colour would do.  You probably can even use a drop of blood because of your dexterity in wielding your Xacto knife. 
There is a reason you married a nurse. ;D 

Frank
General Discussion / Re: Flying this Sunday June 24
« Last post by Oscar on Today at 02:07:55 pm »
Start charging batteries...  See you all at the field.  :D
General Discussion / Re: Flying this Sunday June 24
« Last post by Michael on Today at 01:55:17 pm »
The weather forecast that I've looked at coincides with the one above.  I will be out arriving around 5:30 - 6 Chris, so there will be at least one 'qualified' instructor there enjoy watching you fly on your own.

If things go as planned, I'll be there too!
« Last post by Michael on Today at 01:54:12 pm »
Ready!

I may bring it out later today, if the rain stops, for a maiden flight.

E-Flite 32 brushless motor; 11/7 3-blade prop; 60 amp ESC, 4S-500mAh battery pack, approx. 600 watts at full throttle.

I hope that's enough power to take off without wheels.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10