• October 23, 2018, 12:12:16 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'll take 2 as well, thanks.
Building / Construction / Frank's build class project
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 10:36:29 pm »
Figured out what to build in the next build class.  A bit of a tribute to Mike Brodey who seemed to have a great time flying his tiny Zipper foamy the last few years.

Pilot Kit of the Cobra Z, a plane specifically designed for the little screamer Norvel 061 when it first came out about 20 years ago.  I found the plans cleaning out my work shop.  The plans were adjusted to handle the e-motor.  The nose was lengthened about 1.25" ahead of the firewall to take the place of the tank mount.

It is a 23" span, simple flat and straight wing with symmetrical airfoil.  It is 3 channel (aileron, motor, elevator).  I electrified it about 10 years ago by adding an Emax 2208 on 3 cells with a Cox 5" prop.  It was blazingly fast, very controllable, unlimited vertical and good low speed for landing.  The wing is relatively thick.

Tried to find the kit/plans on the internet but could not find it.

Will make this during the build class so I can show you how to cut balsa, glue, cover and handle the motor and radio installation.

If anyone wants to build one, I will make the plans and templates available.

Frank
Other Events / Re: So we went to the MAAC Zone "L" meeting
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 08:02:35 pm »
Ben,

Great to hear from you, Mr. NASA :)

Michael was justified.  One of the people at the meeting asked Michael "Do you know Andy Hoffer?".... then I took the picture. ;) ;)

Not! 8)

Frank
Trading Post / Re: TOM McCANN Estate Sale
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 07:23:08 pm »
Hi Ken,

I'm interested in the 68" Senioritta if it's still available.

What's the plan for pick up?

Robert

PS.  These models look beautifully built in the pictures, and having known Tom, I'm sure they are.  At these prices they're a steal!

@piker and @ken c

Not to spoil a good party, but I really must remind both of you that there are young folk watching this page.  Discussions of how to pick up beautifully built 5'8" senoritas might be better done more discretely offline.   8)

Andy

« Last post by piker on Yesterday at 05:54:33 pm »
Hi Ken,

I'm interested in the 68" Senioritta if it's still available.

What's the plan for pick up?

Robert

PS.  These models look beautifully built in the pictures, and having known Tom, I'm sure they are.  At these prices they're a steal!
Other Events / Re: So we went to the MAAC Zone "L" meeting
« Last post by bfeist on Yesterday at 11:04:21 am »
As the forum admin, I'm tempted to make that @Michael 's official profile picture. Nothing like some slow, serious administration centred around grown adults flying toy airplanes.

Ben
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 11:02:53 am »
Hi Ken,

I responded by email (per your instructions) at 3:20 a.m. this morning (Oct 22, 2018).  Something I read about the early bird and a worm.  8)

Andy
It looks like there were at least 3 earlier birds than you @Andy Hoffer .

(I'm surprised you are up before noon.) :)

Bruce
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 10:27:25 am »
Hi Ken,

I responded by email (per your instructions) at 3:20 a.m. this morning (Oct 22, 2018).  Something I read about the early bird and a worm.  8)

Andy
So far I count 7 members who are interested in a t-shirt. Anyone else?

Richard B
Ed
Alex
Carlos
Oscar
Chris
Me
« Last post by sihinch on Yesterday at 09:52:46 am »
Please may I have the carbon and Eindecker?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10