• March 23, 2018, 05:00:29 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: PT 19 Build (Pilot Kit)
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:58:18 pm »

re: Andy writing the manufacturer about the missing pieces.  I saw his first draft.  It went something like this:

Dear Dipstick Manufacturer,

I am a friggin' retired man on a fixed pension and bought your PT 19 kit.... only to find out the tail fin fillets were missing.  Please get a set (Port and Starboard) to my house immediately before I set my 8 lb ferocious Mexican Beast free to go to your place and collect them for me.

Yours truly,

Bruce "the Terrible" Weaver.
Other Events / Re: upcoming swap meet schedule 2017-18
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:47:43 pm »
Those of you attending the Aurora Swap meet on Sunday April 22, we will have breakfast at 8:30 am.

The place we met for breakfast last year is closed!!!

We are now meeting at Happy All Day Breakfast 17665 Leslie St #3, Newmarket, Leslie just north of Davis Dr.

Building / Construction / Re: PT 19 Build (Pilot Kit)
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 09:40:50 pm »
Well moving right along...  Have you ever seen a snail race?

I am a great one for procrastinating.  Hinging (cutting out and installing hinges) is not one of my favorite activities, so I delay, delay and delay... until @octagon tells me to try his hinge slotting machine from Great Planes. 

Well was I impressed. In no time, I was able to slot the ailerons, the wing for the ailerons, the elevator, the rudder and the stabs.   I need to get me one of those machines. (Refer to photos below.)

Before you post a cranky response,  'No' @Frank v B, the hinges haven't be glued in yet.  Only one half of them have been.  The ailerons, rudder and elevator will bevinstalled permanently after all the parts have been covered.  I find it easier that way.

Unfortunately, now I have to make my own set of Salt and Pepper shakers for attaching and reinforcing the vertical stabilizer to the rear of the fuselage. At least I know who blame for the missing parts in the kit.   I think the individual responsible is Inspector 30233.  (Refer to photo #4 of December 30th entry.)  Now I am going to ask @Andy Hoffer  to write the manufacturer of the kit a letter on my behalf. 

Building / Construction / Next build class- Wed. March 28 at Col Mustards
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:39:35 pm »
The next build class will be Wednesday March 28 at Col Mustards starting at the dinner table at 6 pm and then downstairs at about 7. 

On tap this week:

Warwing.... the final fantasy.  Bruce, the Master of Warwing Disaster will be on hand to give final instructions and check over your projects.  He can go over flying instructions such as "How to hand-launch", "how to trim" and "how to master your bird".

I will bring my P-51 conversion.  Just finished covering it and adding the motor and landing gear.

Piker will bring whatever project he can uncover, provided the ladder and gravity are kinder to him for this class.

Bring your projects, your questions,  a area you are stuck on or just plainly don't understand.  We have several instructors who can confuse the hell out of you.  You'll go home scratching your head.... which is why some of us instructors have bald patches on the back of our heads. ;D

General Discussion / Re: FPV at TEMAC
« Last post by ppalumbo on Yesterday at 01:28:49 pm »
Happy to, something between 6-8 inches should work fine.  I’ll also colour code them to correspond to the frequency chart.  Near sighted folks like myself that remove our glasses for FPVing may have a hard time to pick out the letter on it's own from a distance so colour will help close any gaps.
« Last post by sihinch on Yesterday at 12:28:46 pm »
Hi Peter,

That’s a wonderful idea! Station letters! I agree.

If you really don’t mind making them, then yes please. We’re you thinking something about 6 to 8 inches high for the station signs?

Thank you!
« Last post by ppalumbo on March 21, 2018, 09:48:20 pm »
Perfect, one frequency sign coming up.  Simon you may want to consider using station letters (A,B,C, etc.) to coincide with the frequency groups.  it would suck if someone at pilot station 5 mistook it for frequency group A.... unless of course it actually was... you know what I mean.  Again happen to make those as well if you like.

« Last post by sihinch on March 21, 2018, 07:51:11 pm »
Awesome! It sounds like a plan!

Thanks again Stephan and Peter.  :D
« Last post by Crazyflyer on March 21, 2018, 07:46:40 pm »
Hi Simon, that is exactly what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear.
« Last post by sihinch on March 21, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »
No. I’m not proposing we have frequency signs on the pilot stations.

Just a station number. 1-5.

And then each station will correspond to a frequency group which is shown on the central location.

We don’t want people changing their frequencies at the pilots station. They shouldn’t need a frequency chart at the station.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10