• April 20, 2018, 11:34:28 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Flying Sunday afternoon, April 22 ?
« Last post by Frank v B on Today at 09:12:59 pm »
Breakfast before the Swap Meet info:

Those of you attending the Aurora Swap meet on Sunday April 22, we will have breakfast at 8:30 am.

The place we met for breakfast last year is closed!!!

We are now meeting at Happy All Day Breakfast 17665 Leslie St #3, Newmarket, Leslie just north of Davis Dr.

https://www.happyalldaybreakfast.com/

Chris Curd and Rudie Nagelmakers (Beeton Flyers) have confirmed for breakfast.

Frank
« Last post by Michael on Today at 06:09:12 pm »
Frank, please post again here in this thread, place and time for breakfast.
Building / Construction / Re: Brian Taylor Mosquito
« Last post by Wingnutz on Today at 04:54:32 pm »
   Thanks Guys!

After work today, I plan on shaping the fairings from those hideous blocks of balsa. I actually started yesterday and it was looking pretty good.

Bill, The wing is removable! Four bolts hold this in place. It is remarkably close to the Full size Mosquito in so many ways. Even the nose hatch on the drawings is identical. I had to alter mine slightly in as much as my nose cone splits in half. This is because of two 4S 5000mah batteries requiring some work to fit in the nose. Had the balsa nose cone been one piece, my batteries would not go in without applying heavy force to the fuselage.

As for mini vans.........NOOOOoooooooooo!  lol

Ordered props, glass and epoxy today... getting closer

Model question first..."Is there a detachable structural member connecting front and rear of the fuse, spanning the wing opening gap beneath the wing?" While I'm no structural engineer, seems to me the fuse would be much stronger if it was a "tube" with a wing slot rather than a flat span over the top of the wing and no structural connection beneath (I told you I'm no engineer!)

Glenn,
Phew! I'm glad you haven't gone to a hum drum mini van!
I too await the day when Simon will join the "Hockey Mom" set, driving a mini van  :D
« Last post by Frank v B on Today at 04:48:54 pm »
Who is this Andy Hoffer guy???

Ryerson and I will probably be there Sunday.  We have tentatively set up 12-2 and will confirm tomorrow (Saturday) just in case there is a blizzard overnight. Don't trust the weather any more.   Ryerson's sessions are usually 95% prep and 5% flying.  We will do the flying during a natural break in your/my flying session.

Don't forget to meet us for breakfast before the Swap Meet.  Bruce has promised to only charge me double the entry fee. ;)

Frank
« Last post by octagon on Today at 03:16:31 pm »
Oh Yea. Charging tonight. See you there sunday, although I was by the field yesterday and the driveway was pretty snowed in.
« Last post by electroflyer on Today at 02:20:10 pm »
   Well then, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing yours Simon.LOL
« Last post by sihinch on Today at 01:18:00 pm »
Nothing wrong with mini vans! Awesome plane haulers!
« Last post by electroflyer on Today at 01:11:07 pm »
   Thanks Guys!

After work today, I plan on shaping the fairings from those hideous blocks of balsa. I actually started yesterday and it was looking pretty good.

Bill, The wing is removable! Four bolts hold this in place. It is remarkably close to the Full size Mosquito in so many ways. Even the nose hatch on the drawings is identical. I had to alter mine slightly in as much as my nose cone splits in half. This is because of two 4S 5000mah batteries requiring some work to fit in the nose. Had the balsa nose cone been one piece, my batteries would not go in without applying heavy force to the fuselage.

As for mini vans.........NOOOOoooooooooo!  lol

Ordered props, glass and epoxy today... getting closer
  Frank
  She is a Beauty!
 I have a Adrian Page 40" Super Cub I will have to get covered. It has been languishing for a couple of years in a state of "almost built". Time to change that. Then I can share the sky with you and the "T"-Craft!

Glenn
« Last post by Wingnutz on Today at 12:15:39 pm »
Following your builds is a fascinating way to learn...thanks.
 I kept looking for how you planned to remove the wing so you could fit the Mossie in the variety of interesting rides you bring to the field, but I finally figured out wing removal isn't likely to happen, ergo the 71" ws choice. Even so, is this thing going to fit in the PT or have you gone to the dark side of vehicle choice and bought an SUV or even worse...a m... mi... min... mini van? :o
Returning to modelling I was intrigued with how the wing was fastened to the fuselage "spine"and then the bottom of the fuselage tube built under the wing to give the fuse its structural strength. If I got that right, I'm guessing it's the same way the full size went together?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10