Recent posts

One positive for using individual channels per control surface is you'll have precise trim, though with such a precisely produced model you might not need it.
Impressive!
Very nice and good choice on the additional spend.

Good luck with the gear.
Building / Construction / Re: L-39 Albatross by Planepri...
Last post by davidk - Yesterday at 09:39:56 PM
Taxi test today.  Very good, but I'm not happy with the way the landing gear attaches to the servoless retracts.
It's just a 3mm bolt going through plastic against the retract flat spot.
Retract 3D landing gear is always an issue.  If you over tighten just a bit the plastic is stripped.  If the wheel turns at all while landing you'll tear out a whole wing and then things get really bad.
I'm trying a 100% solid part instead of a 15% infill that is originally called for.
I'm also going to try, for the first time, threaded inserts.  I have just enough room... I think.

My only other complaint about this plane is that is requires an 8 channel Rx.  In most planes the Aileron servos are installed opposite to each other and so a "Y" cable can be used.  All good in this plane.  Normally, the Flap servos are installed in the same direction... again a "Y" cable can be used.  In this plane the Flap servos are installed opposite to each other... no "Y" cable.  Also, the front gear steering servo is installed so that it's backwards to the Rudder... again no "Y" cable.  Count 'em up and you get an 8 channel Rx.

I toyed with, and actually installed, 2 servo reversers.  They worked and all is good... but... I don't quite trust them.

The difference in cost between an AR620 and an AR8020T is $40.  This pretty little plane is worth a few more dollars.

General Discussion / Re: Runway Rolling
Last post by GuyOReilly - Yesterday at 12:56:45 PM
Thank you @davidk !!
General Discussion / Runway Rolling
Last post by davidk - Yesterday at 12:06:55 PM
We were thinking of rolling the runway this week but the rain over the last several days has left the field and runway too wet.
It's raining from Wed on for the rest of this week.
When we get a run of dry weather and the runway is still pliable we'll start rolling but I've no idea when that will be.
When we do start rolling, the field will be closed while the equipment is active and on the field.
This means that while we are working on the field there will be no flying.
We'll post here at least a day before we start and put a call out at least a day ahead for help.
Post here with any questions you have.
General Discussion / Re: NO GO tomorrow- Flying thi...
Last post by davidk - April 14, 2024, 09:29:16 PM
Yes, it was the prettiest plane out today... so happy to see it.  It's a Hobby Lobby.
Last post by Michael - April 14, 2024, 08:55:56 PM
Nice Telemaster.
Last post by davidk - April 14, 2024, 06:15:02 PM
I did... and I needed it.  I wish I'd worn my shorts.  Kenny and I were in T-Shirts.
Winds never got above 5kph... and every 10 minutes it would change direction... we got all 4 today... too funny.
Got busy around 4pm.
I got 10 flights in today... stunning day.
Last post by Frank v B - April 14, 2024, 03:34:07 PM
David, did you bring your suntan lotion?  ;)

It got nice in midtown at noon.
Hope you enjoyed the flying.

Frank