• February 24, 2018, 03:22:47 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have not built anything in a while (2 days)

This project is an IC to E-power conversion of a Hanger 9 .46 size Mustang.  It was a project inherited from Cadez when Sophie told him to spend time on other projects and give it to Frank to drive him crazy. ;D

Worked on it last year but did not have landing gear legs that would fit into the retracts.  I don't do retracts because they are a pain and cause a lot of trouble.  Luck would have it at the Kitchener swap meet a guy was selling beautiful anodized aluminum landing gear mounts for $10 for 3 mounts that just dropped in with very little shoe-horning.

Installed the motor using a balsa box 3/8" balsa on 4 sides and a double layer of 3/16" ply for a firewall.

Motor: Turingy Aerodrive 5055-600 drawing 80 amps.  On 5 cells and a 14 x9 prop it generates 1360 watts.
ESC 90 amp continuous, 100 amps burst.
RX Power will be a 4 cell 2200 AA Nicad pack bought from Costco and glued and soldered together.  8 cells cost $25 for two RX packs.  Great deal.

Wing- needs a fair amount of work to cover up most of the retractable wheel gaps.  Installed false ribs so the swing sheeting would contour properly. See photo below. This plane appears to have ben crashed so a fair amount of re-inforcing, glueing and filling will be required.

Next steps
- sheeting the wing repair and filling
- sanding the old covering off
- re-covering the wing.
Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Chica build
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 08:32:33 pm »
Bruce,

re: "I am never down a pint, even after giving a pint"

I'm not concerned about medical issues like giving a pint.  You have a resident nurse to monitor that.  I was concerned about you being a pint behind in the beer count. ;D

Frank
Trading Post / Re: For Sale
« Last post by Canuke on Yesterday at 03:01:34 pm »
Good question, actually I was thinking the same thing. I could go there to buy things, not sell things? It might be a nice change to walk around and look at other vendors.  Do I need Dr. John's Durafly Spitfire that he wants to sell as a mate for mine?
TEMAC Events / Morning Crew Lunch - Thursday March 1
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 10:36:53 am »
Hi All,

You're all invited to join the TEMAC "Morning Crew" for lunch and eclectic disparaging remarks at the Mandarin Restaurant, 7660 Woodbine Avenue in Markham, on Thursday March 1.   

Please send a message to me, @Andy Hoffer (or whatever you want to call me to get my attention and be mercilessly photographed) by Tuesday evening, Feb 27, so that I can reserve adequate space at the restaurant.

Looking forward to being harassed by you there, and of course, to harassing you (with interest) in return!!

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 09:30:50 am »
Hey @Canuke, what are you going to have for the 905 swap meet now?  Just little bits?  ;)
General Discussion / Re: FAA Investigation of Dangerous Drone Flight
« Last post by piker on Yesterday at 09:00:11 am »
It's interesting and good for us that the owners specified that she doesn't expect it to be an RC aircraft (model airplane I assume she means), as those hobbyists know not to fly near airports.  That's a very clear distinction between rule (as law) abiding RC hobbyists and the those who are making a bad name for the hobby.
« Last post by Canuke on Yesterday at 08:04:16 am »
The only plane left for sale is the Extra. The Arrow and Wing I'm cannibalising for their components.  The wing had been repaired a couple of times and not worth selling.
General Discussion / Re: FAA Investigation of Dangerous Drone Flight
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 07:53:48 am »
Another drone incident, this time in Canada.   >:(

See lead article.

Andy

https://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/101/3924-full.html?ET=avweb:e3924:2600586a:&st=email#230344
Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Chica build
« Last post by bweaver on February 22, 2018, 11:22:46 pm »
Frank, please don't worry.  I am never down a pint, even after giving a pint...   :-*
Building / Construction / Re: New Flight Line Spitfire
« Last post by John McGahern on February 22, 2018, 09:20:54 pm »
Did you stay out of the country for a couple of days or did you just take your chances with customs?  I've picked up stuff in Lewiston before but always when I've been returning from holiday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10