• May 26, 2018, 12:29:59 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Rainbow 2000 (.45-.55 size) build
« Last post by Ededge2002 on Yesterday at 06:32:33 pm »
Wheels are for cars!
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 06:32:16 pm »
Andy: re: how the pilot will reach the rudder pedals without his legs!!   8)

Rudder is over rated.  Half my planes don't have one. 

Most of your planes don't have wheels... but I guess if most of your landings are nose first in the mud, or upside down on the runway, wheels are over rated too   ;D

I like how this guy thinks!!!  ;D

Andy
General Discussion / Re: FOUND - Gil.E's Warwing on Thur. May 24.
« Last post by Gil.E on Yesterday at 05:07:06 pm »
(2) You obviously didn't read the fine print;D

Fine print text....  Apparently I am both far sighted and near sighted  ;)
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 04:53:18 pm »
@Gil.E - Re: "By the way, when I purchased your Warwing Kit this winter, I was under the impression this aircraft supported beyond-visual-range combat capability and all weather operation. Did I misread the specs ?"

Gil, 2 points. (1) a wise old man once told me, "out of sight, out of control".  (2) You obviously didn't read the fine print.  ;D
Lipos. They will kill you!
« Last post by piker on Yesterday at 11:41:21 am »

Rudder is over rated.  Half my planes don't have one. 

Most of your planes don't have wheels... but I guess if most of your landings are nose first in the mud, or upside down on the runway, wheels are over rated too   ;D
« Last post by Gil.E on Yesterday at 11:33:20 am »
@bweaver
Thanks to the FrSky Taranis Radio programming versatility, my radio CS switch is set as a 3-position/way switch, with an additional setting.
This allows me to take off in CS mode (Completely Stupid) and once the plane is in the air I normally switch to BS mode (Beyond Stupid).

I will write up and add my safety tip to your collection thread later on.

By the way, when I purchased your Warwing Kit this winter, I was under the impression this aircraft supported beyond-visual-range combat capability and all weather operation. Did I misread the specs ?       
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 10:35:31 am »
Re; your comment @Gil.E  "Is there a TEMAC pilot rehab program, where I can voluntarily relinquish my MAAC wings and enroll in flight school again?  ???"

I'm glad to see Gil, I am not the only one experiencing CS Switch difficulties/malfunctions. 

Speaking to you as the clubs CFI, I would advise you to start by following and adding to the topic "This week's safety tips for at the field and in the air" at http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6588.msg43185.html#msg43185

It may be beneficial and save an airplane or two.
@Frank v B - Re your comment "ps: are you trying to teach us what to do... or what not to do? ;)"

Very good point Frank. In your case I really don't know?   :-* 

In my experience in trying to encourage safety, awareness of risks, good behaviors, bad behaviors and behaviors like yours and mine is very important to enhancing the learning experiences of others. 

Also as I understand it, there is a common phenomena that many people believe it won't happen to them. It only happens to other people.[/b] Giving this view more thought; for example, if people were to think of themselves individually as being only one in 7 billion people -- then realistically as individuals we really make up the group of 'other people'[/i]. 

So yes, understand that things (good or bad) may happen to us. 

Regardless of what topic or circumstance I use to get the risk factors across to people involved in this hobby, it all just comes down to awareness... 

How one uses or applies this awareness, is up to them.  Personally, I hope it promotes good behaviors, because that way it will ultimately make it safer for everyone.

This leads to

Tip # 7: Manage your lipo batteries safely.

Tip # 8: Fly FPV safely.
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 12:06:15 am »

Rudder is over rated.  Half my planes don't have one.  Who needs legs anyways.  Hand controls.  Use your imagination.

Frank

I trust you realize that this is a very dangerous proposition!   8)

Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10