• January 21, 2019, 02:54:09 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Frank's New car
« Last post by sihinch on Today at 12:18:40 pm »
It's a beauty! I saw it and love it.
Building / Construction / Re: Build class this Wednesday, Jan 23- 2019
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 11:46:29 am »
I will be there with you in my thoughts...  Have a great time!   8)

http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6882.msg45514.html#msg45514
Building / Construction / JD-2 Dyke Delta - FOAM Build
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 11:42:16 am »
While being unable to attend this months build class, I thought I would share what my next FOAM 'stand way-off scale' project will entail. (Yes, @Frank v B , it will be made of foam and other composites and materials.)

I am going to construct the main 40 inch span wing core out of half inch blue foam. The remainder of the aircraft's frame and structure will be built out of a variety of foam type materials, along with light ply and very little balsa, if any.

I have found plans for a balsa 40 inch built-up JD-2 model on the internet, that I am going to use as a guide to help me along with this project.  To further assist me I have also found where some other modellers have constructed this and similar models while also using foam.  That's right Frank, I am not alone.

Further, I will not be ashamed to copy or extract tips from others past experiences, knowledge and building/construction techniques.  Isn't that what is all part of this fantastic hobby?

Unfortunately However, due to my current circumstances I am unable to start the construction project (except for in my mind) for at least another 3 or 4 weeks, but once I do, I will post the progress as it proceeds. 

I likely have some stuff too.  I'll bring what I have
« Last post by sihinch on Today at 10:56:55 am »
I actually need some help with my undercarriage!  :-[
« Last post by piker on Today at 10:50:54 am »
I'm currently taking a page out of Franks build blog and jumping from project to project.  As of today, I can't be sure what I'll be working on at the build class.  But I'll be there with SOMETHING on the go.  Perhaps bits and pieces from various building projects.

And now I'm hungry for wings!   ;D
@Frank v B ,  Really Frank,  tell the truth. While working in your shop, at sometime you unknowingly/inadvertently dropped some glue.  Some time later you picked up a servo with the motor attached to it, and then your light flickered a little and then came on.
General Discussion / Re: Frank's New car
« Last post by electroflyer on Today at 10:39:12 am »
   Hey Frank,

Let's see it!

Post a picture.

Glenn
Trading Post / Re: EDF units needed with matching ESC required for students
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:48:52 pm »
Greg,

Gosh,

Thought about the steering.  To add serious turning power to your differential thrust.....

Used one of the small propped brushed motors and glued it to a micro servo output arm.  The prop can be powered via the ESC and the servo connected to the rudder stick.  It should be positioned at the bottom back fin.  Servo in line with the fins.  Blimps tend to wallow.  This may give it sharper turns because it acts as a stern thruster. 

It's in the box.

Frank
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:11:16 pm »
Simon,

You party animal and yes, you are correct... as usual. 

The correction has been made.

Bring your foam Shuttle monster.

Frank
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10