• October 20, 2018, 07:27:14 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: 1st Build class- Wed Oct 24
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 10:55:37 pm »
And if you just want to pass some time with other members, bring a pair of pliers and you can help me dismantle some orange crates and work on some WW motor mounta and reinforcement pieces.   ::)
Building / Construction / 1st Build class- Wed Oct 24
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:54:55 pm »
The first build class will be Wednesday, Oct 24.  Dinner first then down to the build meeting at 7:30 pm.
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend...'cause I want to live longer.*
Bruce will handle the class in the mean time.  Bring the plans of what you are going to build this winter like the three CL 415's planned by Michael, Glenn and Rob D.  Bring planes that did not win sudden contact with Mother Earth.

Piker has confirmed his attendance.  He will be building whatever he can find among the 2x4's in his house.

Frank

*Our anniversary
General Discussion / Re: 2018 Fall Clean Up- 27/Oct 9:30am~11:30am
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 09:48:43 pm »
Will be there until I have to leave for my 1 pm appointment at a customer's house.  Will meet at Tim's 30 minutes before the start time of the clean-up.... once Mr Graham posts it.

Frank
Building / Construction / Warthog A-10 Dollar Store foam board project
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 12:50:06 pm »
This will keep you busy @Canuke and @Candu for a few hours this winter.  :)

I know you have all the parts and experience to 'just do it'!

TEMAC Newsletter / Re: October 2018 Board update - Club President is Stepping Down
« Last post by BJROB on October 17, 2018, 09:19:40 pm »
Yah .... what all them guys said..... me to. ... ditto  ;D
General Discussion / Re: Winter storage- lipos
« Last post by cpaine on October 17, 2018, 06:59:06 pm »
Haha good one. Yeah I been hanging around Frank to much!
Lol dorm fridge is the politicaly correct way off saying beer fridge. Mine is top shelf for beer and door and bottom shelf for lipos.
I’m thirsty! Later!   8)
TEMAC Newsletter / Re: October 2018 Board update - Club President is Stepping Down
« Last post by bweaver on October 17, 2018, 06:28:43 pm »
The end of an era! You've certainly set the tone for the club, even before you were president. I hope you continue to do so now as a member.

Ben

Simon,

I for one believe this isn't the end of an era!  I think your involvement in the club has just raised the bar that much higher for others to strive for who will take on your role and responsibilities. 

You, the Board of Directors and its' founding members have made TEMAC the most enjoyable volunteer based organization I have ever been involved with.  As a member of the Morning Crew, I know for a fact that we as members feel this way.  From our perspective, it is so nice to be able to fully enjoy the hobby and our friends without having to deal with the many unnecessary distractions that you and others have managed selflessly to overcome and control behind the scenes.

Your dedication to the hobby, its membership and the sense of belonging you have instilled within the club will carry TEMAC forward, provided we all continue to follow your lead.

Thank you.

Bruce

General Discussion / Re: Winter storage- lipos
« Last post by bweaver on October 17, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »
@cpaine , you are like @Frank v B ,  in that you fail to read and/or follow instructions.   I read the article you referred to in your last post.  No where in the article does it indicate that lipos should take up any space in a 'beer fridge'. (I have extracted the relevant references from the article for your future consideration relating to this important subject matter.)

" Lipos don’t want to be frozen solid, but keeping them cool during storage is most certainly in our favor. It turns out the typically household refrigerator (37 to 40 degrees) is the perfect storage place.  Put lipos in plastic zip top storage bags and place them in the fridge when not in use...
Like others, I bought a small “dorm refrigerator” for my shop for storing lipos (after my wife threw me out of our kitchen refrigerator vegetable crisper drawer)."

See, it doesn't reference the 'beer fridge'.  I hope you read this and can take appropriate steps before next summer. Get serious!!! ;D
« Last post by octagon on October 17, 2018, 04:56:08 pm »
I'm in. See you there.
« Last post by sihinch on October 17, 2018, 02:25:16 pm »
Good learning Graham!  I'm so pleased that I have been able to leave a legacy.  ;)

Whilst I have a birthday party on 27th, I still plan to attend early.  It will be brilliant!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10