• June 23, 2018, 07:46:51 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Rainbow 2000 (.45-.55 size) build
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 11:32:41 pm »
Last few details done tonight.  Tomorrow (Saturday) before noon it is going back to John's Hobbies.  Roger will add the ESC and bind the RX to the customer's transmitter and voila!

The last details were:
- attaching the landing gear for the first time
- building an extension to the battery box.  There may be a CG problem because the motor is a .90 for an airplane designed to fly with a .55.  I extended the battery box backward until it is in the pilot's nether region.  This way the 8 cell pack (2 -4S packs) can be used to find the proper CG.  Cannot do it now because the ESC has not been installed yet.
- assembled and bagged all the extra bits, the instruction booklets (plane, RX), the extra (small) wheels, wheel pants, spare screws, etc.

Done.

Frank
General Discussion / Flying this Sunday June 24
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 11:00:39 pm »
You guys keep the rain away for me. 

I will be at the field approx 10 am to 1 pm this Sunday.  If anyone needs help maidening an airplane or want to drop by just to hurl an insult at me, you know when to find me at the field.

Frank
TEMAC Events / Re: Only 10 more days to the CANADIAN CUB FUN DAY
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 05:10:54 pm »
Bruce,

re:"Kate doesn't have to pitch in in the summer as long as I wear my sandals and still have all my toes."

What you are really telling us that in the summer you can count to 20, but on a cold winter's day you can only count to 4. Good to know for the next Club auction during the Pilots Meeting when you have to count out money. ;D

Frank
General Discussion / Re: WHAT IS ANDY H. LOOKING AT??
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 05:02:29 pm »
Andy,

re: "...but in fact I was looking at @Frank v B on final approach for a landing planting!!!  ;D"

... as taught to me by Andy, the master planter.

Frank
Trading Post / Wanted - Futaba Transmitter
« Last post by pmackenzie on Yesterday at 01:04:30 pm »
Posting this for one of the guys in COGG .

He (Eitan Rotbart) moved here from Israel last winter, just had his house broken into and they stole his 14SG :(

He is looking for a replacement transmitter. I don't know much about Futaba models, but it needs to be DLG capable and RF compatible with the 14SG
Basically he is grounded without a transmitter.

Let me know if you have anything and I will pass the info along.
And of course if anyone hears about a 14SG suddenly for sale that would be good to know as well.

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 10:26:14 am »
All very good guesses, but in fact I was looking at @Frank v B on final approach for a landing planting!!!  ;D

Andy
Like new - Strix Nano Goblin FPV aircraft.

Comes with cobra 1407 3500kV motor and 10A ESC with 2A SBEC, servos, Eachine TX02 all-in-one camera and VTX plus a 3200mAH 2S Li-Ion battery. XT30 connector.

Super efficient airframe, does 60mph in stock form, or with a new APC 4.1x4.1 prop it achieves 70mph.  With the Li-Ion batttery it has been proven to be capable of upto 90 minutes of flight!!!! 40-50 minutes may be more "real-world" achievable, but wow! Also flies on 2S lipo. 

And it's sub 250g ready to fly (below the Transport Canada limit.)  Why am I selling it? Because it does the same things as my nano Skyhunter.

All you need is your Rx and you have an awesome FPV package.  $150

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2955321-STRIX-Nano-Goblin
TEMAC Newsletter / Re: 2018-08 TEMAC Tickler, Canadian Cub Fun Day
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 07:45:48 am »
I will supply the following:

1) elements of the essential food group---- Potato Chips ("Crisps" if your name is Simon) and Timbits.
2) A cooler with ice cubes and three 12 packs of pop (Coke, Diet Coke and .... Soda water for Bruce).
3) Enough insults to keep Andy on his toes.
4) Just enough praises to keep Bruce going so he volunteers to do it again next year.

Frank :)

@Frank v B I guess you are generously bringing these supplies in an effort to assist and nourish those TEMAC members who don't read the Forum or can't/don't/won't follow instructions.  Thanks Frank.  I'll take anything you offer for free.
« Last post by Oscar on June 21, 2018, 11:10:44 pm »
TEMAC Events / Re: Only 10 more days to the CANADIAN CUB FUN DAY
« Last post by Frank v B on June 21, 2018, 09:55:38 pm »
Bruce,

Carry the 10....

Frank :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10