• January 22, 2018, 03:11:42 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Events / Re: Kitchener Waterloo Swap meet Jan 20
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 10:35:21 am »
Lend it to me for a week and I will fix that!

Hey Rob (@octagon),

Please give me a heads up before you do the deed to Frank's new cowling so I can get some good crash-action photos for next year's Christmas slide show!!  8)

Andy
TEMAC Newsletter / Re: 2018-02 TEMAC Tickler, Warwing Scramble!
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 08:37:20 am »
I think I can hear Frank flipping furiously through his Roget's thesaurus....   8)

Andy
Building / Construction / Re: Sig Kobra balsa kit
« Last post by electroflyer on Today at 08:34:07 am »
    Very nice!
  Your builds get better and better!

Glenn
« Last post by sihinch on Today at 07:15:32 am »
Can I just say for the record, I do love Bruce! I don’t really think he’s evil.
General Discussion / Re: Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 02:36:48 am »
Just sayin'......   

Heads up @bweaver  and @BJROB: Sat. Feb. 3 should be a magnificent snow flying day!! 8)

Andy
Building / Construction / Re: Sig Kobra balsa kit
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 02:26:41 am »
Beautiful, Michael!  I really like your colour scheme.  This will make an excellent photo subject against a blue or cloudy sky!  On white it will look like the wings, top of the fuse and the top of the rudder/fin are separate entities flying in formation!!

Bravo!!

Andy
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Today at 02:10:27 am »
I was going to watch this one from the sidelines, but the bait was far too tasty!

So, having examined the elegant forum dialogue of the past few weeks, I am compelled to offer "incisive", "witty"," excruciatingly funny", and above all, "suitable for framing", as additions to Frank's proffered list of Weaverian descriptors!   We are truly blessed to have Bruce in our ranks.  8)

Most respectfully yours,

Andy
TEMAC Events / Re: Win A Warwing Quiz
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 08:15:03 pm »
Bruce:

re:"OR FRANK, are you afraid to try to fly combat against all the other experienced TEMAC pilots?"

Dem's fighting woids. :o

My Warwing will be built this year (last year's kit) and it will fly against you and all other pilots.  I will not win because I don't have your killer instinct but I will be eating foam this year.  May it be yours! 8)

Frank

@Frank v B , @bweaver ,

Maybe we should call this for what it really is, the "WarWords Quiz" !!!   8)

Andy
Building / Construction / Re: FRANK'S 1/2A F4U CORSAIR BUILD
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 02:35:19 pm »
Sheeting the center section.

It was very obvious that each wing bay had to be sheeted individually because of the compound curves.

The original plan was to put the top and bottom on at the same time and glue them from the trailing edge up to the high point in the rib (spar), let it dry, then draw it together at the front and glue it in place.  Problem was the clamps kept sliding off the leading edge.  Ended up glueing the entire piece onto the wing (top and bottom), then wrapping it with green tape to hold it in place.  There are 3 wraps of tape to hold it in place.  The first wrap would not stick because I had to soak the balsa to allow it to bend.  Tape does not like moisture.

Photo 30- view from the bottom of the wing.  You can see the landing gear blocks in place here.  Bruce: the photo is a little blurry.  It should normalize after two beers. :D

Photo 31- two sides done and allowed to dry.  The one clamp is to keep the sheeting flat on the rib.

Photo 32- My new favourite piece of woodworking equipment- Roger Mason's carbide stick.  It makes sanding so fast, accurate and easy.  It has a fine and course end... just like the man himself. ;)

TEMAC Events / Re: Win A Warwing Quiz
« Last post by piker on Yesterday at 02:17:24 pm »

Better late than never?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10