Brave Flyer

Started by the giant, December 21, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the giant

I drove past ROGO field at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.  One fearless flyer was out (de-icing was in order).  It was growing dark and was raining lightly.  Hat's off to this fearless (perhaps fanatic) flyer.

Keep it up!

Michael

Hello André!

Merry Christmas, buddy!

Michael

sihinch

I also drove past at about 1pm and there was a lone flyer. Black SUV.

Perhaps we are witnessing the birth of the legend, "The Lone Flyer!"

Papa

You mean there is someone else who is as screwed up as Andy Hoffer!

There is, yet, hope for us all.

LOL

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

I hope this individual knows we are talking about them.  They should be proud and bragging of the triumph!  I would be!  Guess I need to buy a black SUV now to fit in!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

I assumed it was Andy, but it appears that some else is "Crazier" than him... I hope the "Lone Ranger" was not stuck. I had a hard time just walking out of the house.   A trip to PIN was out of the question... lol!

eric

Hi Andre;

Good to see your post. I'll touch bases with you after Christmas; you'll probably be busy until then with all your services.

Merry Christmas to you, Janet and wee Sydney!

Eric

Gregor77

I found him. Black 4runner. He was flying yesterday. Wish I was him.

Ededge2002

Who is this mysterious TEMAC tough guy? 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying IT

i seen that flyer as well

Andy Hoffer

I too would like to know who this brave, hardy, intelligent, and inspirational soul is, so I can coordinate flying with him on those nice brisk sunny cold winter days with beautiful fresh snow.  I do know that after the last big snowfall two weeks ago (Dec 15), the winter flying was fantastic.  Snow depth was 5.5 to 6.5 inches, and perfect texture for skis.  Winds were very light.  Temp was -6C, wind chill -10C.  Driveway and parking area were navigable in my minivan.  (4Runner would be nice!!)   I took full advantage of the one set of nice tracks left by someone who had been there earlier in the day. 

Enough said.  Friday looks very promising: partly cloudy, -3C (wind chill -8C) and winds SW at 15 kmh.  And Saturday forecast is partly cloudy, a balmy 2C (wind chill -3C) and winds W @ 25 kmh.  It will be nice to fly off the  fresh snow we're getting today and tomorrow, instead of glare ice with poor steering control.  I am guessing we might have to walk in from the highway (because of the hidden ice), but that's good exercise and warms up the muscles for flying!  :)

Crazy Man Hoffer 

Andy Hoffer

Hello Ladies!

If you want to meet a couple of real men, a.k.a. Ice Pilots, you can find us at TEMAC field on nice cold icy days when the snow is fresh! Looking forward to meeting you! 

Andy Hoffer,

for himself and Thomas Kwak (a.k.a. the mystery Brave Flyer)

(Thomas' Beaver on skis flew beautifully this afternoon)

sihinch

"Brave Man Thomas!"

Love it. A new nick-name I think!