Walking to Raise Money for Canadian Cancer Society

Started by sihinch, September 20, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

This is not to do with flying, and it's not really a trade, as such, and I know this is a bit cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get!  ;D

I'm walking the Toronto Waterfront half marathon on October 14th, and am trying to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society.  I completed the Toronto half marathon in April, in 3hrs 4 mins - I'm trying to beat that time, and do something to help fight cancer.

My Mum and Sister-in-law have both had cancer, so this is a personal cause for me.

No pressure, but if you'd like to sponser me I'd be very grateful.
http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/IndependentFundraisingEvent/UFE_ON_even_?px=4542920&pg=personal&fr_id=11982

Simon

Andy Hoffer

Yay Simon!  My donation is in.  Thanks for your efforts toward a great cause!

Andy

sihinch

Thanks to everyone who supported me.  I did the half marathon in 2hrs 49 minutes, which is 15 minutes quicker than my last time, and 11 minutes less than my target.

Here's the proof!

Ex14th

Congrats Simon, Well done.

I didn't get on this page until just now. Made my donation immediately, better late than never.

Regards,

Alex

sihinch

Alex,

Great to hear from you! We should try to do a coffee again sometime soon.

Thank you so very much for supporting me and the Canadian Cancer Society.

All the best,
Simon

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Ex14th

Simon,

Sure thing, love to do that too.

Same place, tell me when. My treat.

Alex

Bobmic

Great cause Simon, sorry I just noticed your thread and added. I am with Alex - Better later than never :)

All the best,
Bobby