Carl Goldberg Falcon 56

Started by Ex14th, December 01, 2012, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex14th

Showing my age a bit here (Alex, you are old as they told me). I have this kit for quite some times already, but decided to build it for electric last Winter. I have a very soft spot for the Falcon, I learnt to fly with one long long time ago. This, in my humble opinion, might be one of the best trainer out there.

The Powerplant is an AEON 4248 b/l outrunner on a 40 amp with 5a bec ESC, driving an APC 12 x 8 e-prop. It has been converted to a tail dragger with a TNT alloy landing gear to better absorb the landing abuses. All flying surfaces hinged with Carl Goldberg pinned hinges instead of the usual cloth/ca type found in arfs these days.

Hitec HS2545 MG digital on rudder, Hitec HS2545 MG on elevator, and Hitec H411 on ailerons. Single wing bolt instead of the rubber bands for wing mounting, and front hatch for top load battery changing. Comes with two low time PolyQuest 3S 30C 3200 mAH batteries packs.

I cannot sell it as new because I did test flew it, and with the 3200 packs, 10 minutes of flights easy with plenty of power reserved for landing or go around.

A great electric flyer, I will leave the receiver in if you fly Spectrum DSM, making it a true bind and fly.

$250 GTA pick up, bring your transmitter and test out every components, the drive system runs very smoothly.

Thx,

Alex

pmackenzie

Hi Alex,
   if you have a soft spot for Falcons, you will like this one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21963263&postcount=306

He even took vintage radio gear and put new guts in, servos and all.

Anyway, just thought you might want to see that, good luck with your sale.

https://vimeo.com/45125337

Pat MacKenzie

Ex14th

Pat,

Thanks a lot for the links, I wathced both. That shows the Falcon is still cherished by a lot of modelers these day. A lot of people might have left the hobby for reasons of one or another, but came back after the long absence, and plug out their old Falcon and replenish it as the guy has done.

As to the sales of the plane, I really appreciate the bump. I put it up for sale so that someone looking for a good trainer can take advantage of the package - The asking price is basically for the components only, - the two 3200 packs have only been cycled about 6 or 7 times, no puff, with EC3 connectors. Anyway, again, the labour is for free.

Ex14th

Dec 3rd - What a beautiful morning.

Had five flights with the Falcon, 2 on 3S, and 3 on 4S. Quite a difference in performance. People were actually commenting how it tracks, and even with the small rudder, managed to high alpha knife edge across the field, and KE circles are a breezy.

Alex

Ex14th

the last good flying day for the Season.

Also a picture showing fellow Club member Leslie Mitchell setting up his Multiplex Fun Cub - that plane is a blast, you can do all kind of silly things with it and it kept coming back and ask for more, all on a 3S 2200mAh pack, amazing.