E-Flite Scimitar WITH electric retracts

Started by Michael, December 03, 2013, 09:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

This is my E-Flite Scimitar (E-Flite 32 brushless motor, 60 am ESC, digital servos, vectoring thrust, etc) with E-Flite retracts installed.

I have never crashed the plane but I have flipped it on a landing and did have to re-glue the nose back on.

This is an amazing model that can fly slowly and gently, or very fast and aerobatic.

With the vectoring thrust, it can spin ultra fast.

It is Bind-n-fly, except no battery is included. It needs a 4-cell 3200mah lipo pack.

(The kit was about $430. The retracts cost about $130.)

For sale for $150 cash, picked up from me within a few days, in Thornhill or mid-Toronto, or I can deliver it at the TEMAC Pilot's meeting on Wed. Dec. 11.

Respond HERE in this thread.

First confirmation gets it.

This video is of the actual model offered.

E-Flite Scimitar at TEMAC, April 2012
Michael

sihinch

Smokin' deal.  I'm tempted just for the retracts and ESC alone.....

imran13

I'm debating it and it's discontinued too... That's not helping :(
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

Great deal, I've always wanted the scimmitar.do you have any spare parts for it that you could throw in even for a extra charge? Horizon barely sells any parts for it now.
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Michael

I only have what came with the kit.

Of course the original receiver is in there, and I have the manual.

Michael

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

It's yours, Mike. I'll bring it to the meeting.
Michael

battlestu

Quote from: thehaze on December 07, 2013, 04:35:30 PM
I'll take it.

Bring to the meeting.

Mike

I thought I heard a loud cracking sound while I was out this afternoon ;)..... If you need a place to hide it I can help out
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

My plan... bring it in the house late at night. Put it with the rest of the models like it's been there forever. She'll never know...

Plus it cost less than her shoes for her Christmas outfit... so I can always go down that road.  ;D
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Quote from: thehaze on December 08, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
Plus it cost less than her shoes for her Christmas outfit... so I can always go down that road.  ;D

You my friend are a brave man! 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

Yes!  Very brave.  But he did imply that it was a hail mary situation.  We hope you don't have to use it.  We like having you as part of the club.

Andy Hoffer

Nice knowing you Mike! (Gee.  Who are we going to get for a CFI for next year??)

Papa

Idiot, you cannot outsmart a woman.
Just smile a lot and say "yes dear" to everything she says.

Survival is the objective not winning or staying even.
Comparing shoes and models? forget it you'd be toast in two seconds flat.
Play dumb and stupid, that she can believe.

Been there, done that, have the permanent scars to prove it.

Good luck!

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Frank v B

re: Jack's comment: "Been there, done that, have the permanent scars to prove it".

For all you guys who have never met Jack's dear wife Mary, who is about 5' 2" (four foot fourteen!) and weighs all of 110 pounds dripping wet, you need to take his advice seriously.  Outweighing your partner 2:1 or 3:1 is no guarantee of success. :D  It just affects the Richter Scale readings!! ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"