WTB - Nooner wing

Started by wollins, August 05, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Anybody have a spare nooner wing they can sell me?

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

Well, as you know, I hope to have mine available for you shortly, but at this point, my Nooner is my only flyable racer and even when I get my new racer finished I'll want to keep the Nooner as a back up.

But I'm curious about your "broken" wing.  Do you still have it?

wollins

Quote from: piker on August 06, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
Well, as you know, I hope to have mine available for you shortly, but at this point, my Nooner is my only flyable racer and even when I get my new racer finished I'll want to keep the Nooner as a back up.

Hence my WTB post.

Quote from: piker on August 06, 2014, 10:08:00 AM

But I'm curious about your "broken" wing.  Do you still have it?

Yup
|
|
|

piker

wollins

Pics
|
|
|

sihinch

piker

That does look bad, but not as bad a my wing early last year.  It's repairable.  Easier than building, covering, and installing the gear in a new wing.

I'll see if I can stop by on my way home tonight to take it off your hands for a few days.

sihinch

That's right Piker, you help re-build Colin's wing.  Make sure you take your time and do a good job.  ;D

I also repaired my wing this year after it snapped in 2.

piker

Wait!  Who's team is Colin on... Oh, Ben's!  Screw that!

I'm only helping my buddies Greg and Ken!

sihinch

Come on Colin - it's not this bad!

piker

That's a nice, clean break!  I don't have a picture of mine, but the whole right wing was sheered off and splintered.  But I fixed it and have been flying it since. 

We can save Colin's wing!... but I have to finish my racer first...   ;D

sihinch

Clean break! Clean break!  You don't know the meaning of the word clean break.  When I last crashed my racer the break was so bad that I had to collect the individual balls of foam beading from the bean field.  And that's before I had to make m'own glue out to stick it all back together.  Then I had to chop trees down to get the wood, to add as skin, and plank it with m'own finger nails. Covering were made of old shopping bags laminated together and then pressed flat by me standing on them for 14 days straight.

Tell that to racers today and they wouldn't believe you!

piker

Ya, I saw one of your recent racer crashes that was "completely destroyed".  After I told you to just stick the two pieces back together, you had it repaired and flying again the next day... but then you crashed it again... and then a third time I think...   ;D

It's a good thing you're so resourceful.