HK RAREBEAR

Started by wollins, September 02, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

This is an amazingly fast and nimble plane, but can fly slowly and with stability too!  Perfect for those times when you just want to throw something in the car without the hassles of the packing ordeal that sometimes go along with going to the field for a bit of flying! 

Two options:
1. Asking $75 RTF. Motor, prop, servos and Esc ... just add your battery and receiver and you're good to go!
2. Or pay $60 with all the above minus the Esc.

BTW this is no "ordinary" HK Rarebear. ;) This one has one small but HUGELY significant modification to it. The stock foam control surfaces (ailerons and elevator) have been replaced with hard balsa. When I got it from HK I couldn't believe that at the speeds this thing was supposedly capable of going, it had some feeble foam control surfaces! Can you say FLUTTER??!!!  Anyways because of my mods ... nice crisp response, no hint of flutter and for those of you who have seen it fly, you know it goes like a bat outta hell!  

This plane is always in demand and as such is pretty much always on back order at HK. Offering it to my fellow Temac'ers first.  Will go on the RC Canada website in a day or two. As usual, PayPal, EMT or cash cheerfully accepted. Email [email protected] or call 416 726 4482. 

Thanks!

Colin

P.S. Made of what seems to me to be denser than usual EPS foam. Has some minor hangar rash but never crashed. You will notice that it doesn't have a canopy so selling "as is". FWIW, I saw or felt no difference in flight characteristics with or without the canopy.
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

I have to ask...  Does the plane include the matching footwear, hat or sports shirt that coordinate with the model as shown when you come to the field?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

wollins

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!