Wanted: old brushed motors

Started by Frank v B, December 24, 2015, 02:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I am asking any member who has working brushed motors (speed 280, 400, 550, 600, geared etc.) taking up valuable space in their workshop to dust them off and give them to me.  I will be making a donation of about 20 of my brushed motors to Roger at John's Hobbies on the Danforth. These motors were left over when I upgraded planes for members/friends from brushed to brushless.

Roger keeps them available for students who need school project motors.  He puts a price on them of $2-$3 to stop people from walking out with a handful of them but students (incl. Ryerson) appreciate the ability to find something cheap.  Last year I donated 20 used standard size servos (mostly Futaba S148 and S3003's) for this purpose and were gone within a few weeks.

John's Hobbies has supported our TEMAC funfly with prizes and auction stuff every year so I let them keep the proceeds....with thanks. 8)

Motors that keep on giving!!!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Correction: my junk drawer contained 40 brushed motors- all tested and working. 

The donation will be made on behalf of TEMAC.

Frank

octagon

I have one, no wait, two, that I will bring on New Years Day.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Rob, you obviously have not been in the electric hobby for long.  All of us who have been in electrics for more than 15 years will have brushed motors coming out of their ying-yangs.  Guys like Glenn, Piker, etc.  Only Michael Rogo cleans house regularly.

Much appreciated.  See you New Year's day.  Happy holidays.

Frank

Frank v B

Last week I dropped off the first set of 41 motors at John's Hobbies.  Roger knows it was a donation from TEMAC.  Picked up some more stuff at the field today from Greg H. and Glenn.  I will sort through it and donate it this coming week.

Much appreciated.

Frank