Parrot AR drones

Started by thehaze, October 28, 2016, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

I have two dead units taking up space in my workshop. Free to anyone who wants to attempt to make them fly.

If there are no takers they're last mission will be to the next town electronic waste collection day...

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Crazyflyer

It might be interesting to put a new flight controller in there! I can help you with that if you wish!!

battlestu

Ooh this could be fun... I'll donate a used KK2.2 board to the project
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

If you guys want to frankenstein something out of these birds I'll donate them to the cause...

Crazyflyer

I should have an old Naze32-V5 with a DSMX satellite on it ready to go!!
I assume the escs and motors are good?

thehaze

The ESC's are integrated into the main board so it's hard to say. It would be hard to make them work with a different controller.

Candu

Hey Mike, I just salvaged mine a week or so ago. I stripped out all the electronics and reuse the motors, gear, prop combination. I put in conventional ESCs and my good for everything KK2 flight controller to test the frame and motor combination before putting in a more complex flight controller. So far so good and flies great.

Here are some pictures of my conversion if you or others are interested in making the conversion. If you can't get rid of them, I don't mine using them for spare parts.

Crazyflyer

Are these brushed motors in this thing?

Candu

No, they're brushless so you can drive it with conventional brushless ESCs.

thehaze

Well I've got enough on my plate already. So whoever wants them.. they're all yours, just got to pick them up or wait for the next pilots meeting.

tuck

Hey Mike, I will grab it from you.

Thank you

thehaze

Ok Tuck

We will figure out how to get them to you. Maybe I can leave them with Greg or something like that..

tuck

I am going to the next pilot meeting... If you can wait. If not.. I can pick up from greg too. Thanks