Join the unofficial "This is not a Funfly" Funfly- Saturday Sept 5 10 am-4 pm

Started by Frank v B, August 31, 2020, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be at the field this coming Saturday, September 5 from 10 am to 4 pm.  Since we do not have official events at the field due to Covid, this is an unofficial event.  That's why it is called the "This is not a Funfly" Funfly.

Let's see how many people can enjoy the day.  We have already had two occasions when we had 25 people at the field and it was terrific seeing everyone.....properly distanced and having fun.

Remember the Covid rules- be properly distanced (6'), wear masks if closer than 6 feet, do not use the Club tables or chairs, no food supplied.  Please bring your own tables and chairs and your own food or drink.

Weather Forecast:

Sat 09/05
Mainly sunny
22°
10%
14NW

Come and join me and fly your brains out while the summer is still here.

Challenges:
- Bring your warbirds for a WW2 strafing run passes over the runway.  We have had days of 4-5 P-51's on a Wednesday and last Friday. We can assemble more that that on Saturday!
- Bring your biplanes for formation flying
- Bring your leaf blowers (jets)
- Bring your powered gliders for a noon fly-off when the thermals start.
- Bring your fast stuff (V-900, EF-1, etc.).  Anything ballistic.
- AquaStars- all flying boats (CL 215,415, Widegeon, Albatross, etc).
- Watch Greg Cadez fly for the second time this year.  He was successful last week. ;D

Frank

ps: since I posted this, I am responsible for making sure everyone meets all the Covid guidelines. Please make my job easy.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

There will be prizes.  Look at the trophy for each of the events.  Nicole is holding the trophy for all to see.
Since this event is called "This is not a Funfly".  The awards are therefore called "This is not a Trophy" trophy. ;D ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Then there is the "This is not the President's Award" Award.

Nicole is holding this one.  Twice the size!

Frank

Frank v B

Then there is the 3rd and final "This is not the Pilots' Choice Award" award.  Nicole can hardly lift it. ;) ;)

Frank

davidk

Since this is not a FunFly and there will not be any Trophies, nor will there be any enjoyment, then I will definitely not be there!  I am not going and since I'm not going I won't be flying anything.  No Widgeons, no Cubs ('cause I simply can't anyway and it's been banished to the rafters for being a PITA), no T-28's (since I'm waiting for Arden to get in a steel tube for repairs), no T-34's, no Cessna's, no Maules, no Timbers, no Tundras, no Kingfishers, no Sea Angels, no nuttin'.

Frank v B

Now everybody has to come since there will be no "Dave* ;) ;)

Frank

* does it remind you of the Dr. Seuss book "Too Many Daves"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpNndX7yo8g

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

bweaver

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: davidk on August 31, 2020, 10:43:47 PM
Since this is not a FunFly and there will not be any Trophies, nor will there be any enjoyment, then I will definitely not be there!  I am not going and since I'm not going I won't be flying anything.  No Widgeons, no Cubs ('cause I simply can't anyway and it's been banished to the rafters for being a PITA), no T-28's (since I'm waiting for Arden to get in a steel tube for repairs), no T-34's, no Cessna's, no Maules, no Timbers, no Tundras, no Kingfishers, no Sea Angels, no nuttin'.

"Oh I got plenty o' nuttin, and nuttin's plenty for me..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRd_oHxFSc
Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 31, 2020, 10:14:57 PM
Then there is the 3rd and final "This is not the Pilots' Choice Award" award.  Nicole can hardly lift it. ;) ;)

Frank

The dog's behind (just left of Nicole, and not to be confused with @Frank v B!) will be a perfect "This is not the Pilots' Choice Award" award.  :D

Andy

davidk

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on September 01, 2020, 09:33:53 AM

Frank

The dog's behind (just left of Nicole, and not to be confused with @Frank v B!) will be a perfect "This is not the Pilots' Choice Award" award.  :D

Andy

I can't resist this one.  Andy... that's not a nice, nor true, way to refer to Frank's daughter.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: davidk on September 01, 2020, 10:03:01 AM
Quote from: Andy Hoffer on September 01, 2020, 09:33:53 AM

Frank

Andy

I can't resist this one.  Andy... that's not a nice, nor true, way to refer to Frank's daughter.

I have met Frank's daughter. (Mita and I were in @Frank v B's neighbourhood recently and we (I) felt compelled to drop in and torment him, as well as play with his other dog (to show the dog that not all humans are like Frank). The dog was thrilled to have a new playmate, and we had a great time.)  But, to the point, Nicole is a delightful, articulate, bright, and very accomplished athlete.  She gleefully engages in any disparaging of her father. You would not in your wildest dreams have ever thought Frank's DNA could manifest in such fine offspring.  I can positively assure you that there is no way I would ever refer to Nicole as the "dog's behind".  That reference would be reserved solely for Frank, although other females in Frank's household have been known to refer to him as the donkey's behind, (a.k.a. "Jackass"), but any behind will suffice!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

What's your read on Bruce's post "I won't be there..."  Do you think he is not coming at all or is he not attending the not running Not a Funfly?.  That's a double negative. ;)
Maybe we should bring some WarWings and streamers (see photo) to lure him out.

Frank

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on September 02, 2020, 09:59:47 PM
Andy,

What's your read on Bruce's post "I won't be there..."  Do you think he is not coming at all or is he not attending the not running Not a Funfly?.  That's a double negative. ;)
Maybe we should bring some WarWings and streamers (see photo) to lure him out. 

Frank

Hi Guys,

I just thought after talking with some people at the field last week about arranging a fun fly, (with club paid for lunches), that at this time it would not be in the best interest of everyone considering the circumstances we are all in with covid 19.  For that reason, I am not going to take up space at the field.  More room for more people.  Have fun, be safe...  but no, really I am not going to be there.  Talk's cheap.

Bruce

Michael

Despite the talk, and the plans, this is not an official sanctioned organized TEMAC activity.

The TEMAC board is not involved in any planning of such an event.

I want to express my sincere respect and appreciation to everyone who came to the field to fly this season; the respect and maintaining of the Covd-19 rules and protocols (social distancing, no tables use, etc.) has been exemplary! Members have been behaving fantastically!

I am sure that whatever happens and whoever goes to the field, everyone will continue to respect the social distancing and other Covid-10 protocols.

Have fun, be safe, and be respectful!

Michael
President, TEMAC

Michael