On-Line auction- vintage (pre-'70) Goldberg Senior Falcon kit

Started by Frank v B, December 27, 2020, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

For Sale with all proceeds to the TEMAC kitty
Donation was from an estate.

Vintage Goldberg Models Senior Falcon Kit. 69" span, length 53", 6.25 pounds,  810 sq" wing area, .35-.60 size IC.  Based on the price on the box ($49.95) I suspect it was pre-1970.  I have an Academy Products catalogue that states the suggested retail price in Canada was $64.50 in May 1972.

This kit has the original balsa sides compared to the later Liteply in the Mark 2 model.  It appears to be a complete kit but I have no way of knowing.
There is a lot of balsa in this kit that can be re-purposed.

Auction Rules:  All bids on this post only, at least $2.00 increments on the previous posted price.  The person with the highest posted bid before 8:00*pm on Thursday, December 31, 2020 is the winner.

I will start it off with an opening bid of $20.00

Frank

* time stamp of 7:59:59 or earlier.
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Frank v B

Simon,

My starting bid was $20 in the first post ("I will start it off with an opening bid of $20.00")

The minimum next bid is $22.00

Frank

sihinch

Frank v B

Frank v B

Courtesy of Athol, here is a peek at the plans and photos of built Senior Falcons from the Outerzone website.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6137

Frank

GuyOReilly

Frank v B

Frank v B

GuyOReilly

Thank you @Frank v B , I sent you a message.
Looking forward to making arrangements for the exchange and seeing you.
Have a great day!
Happy New Year!!

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Athol had the money in hand by 4:30 this afternoon.  The proceeds were donated to the club.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Thanks @Frank v B and @GuyOReilly !  This will allow us to spring for aircraft-themed toilet paper in the "Control Tower" when it reopens once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.  8)

Andy

GuyOReilly

Musing about the next construction project; what if I attached to the wing the 4 electric motors planned fro the Lancaster?!?
@Michael Twin Otter project planted that thought in my head...
I will sketch something when the kit arrives, just to see what if...

Frank v B

Handing over the kit to the winning bidder (Guy, Left) once he could get it from Andy's (right) meathooks.

Frank

We were joined by Graham McNicol.  He was the independent witness for the hand-off.  The location was within a 9 iron from his house.