Need a test flight? Intro fllght?- Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Started by Frank v B, March 19, 2021, 05:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

(un) Official instruction starts on the first Wednesday in May, but weather permitting, I will be at the field every Wednesday starting March 24, from about 2 pm to 5 pm.  If you are new to the club or new to flying model airplanes please contact me and I will bring the club trainer.  MAAC insurance rules allow for one free introduction flight.
If you have bought a trainer over the winter, I will be happy to test fly and trim it for you.  Please send me a personal message (PM) through the Forum.
I will post every Tuesday at dinner time whether or not the weather will make the trip worthwhile.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

PDS

Hello Frank,

I am new to the hobby.  I do not have my ticket to fly.

I saw your offer to help get planes ready for flight.  I would like to take you up on that offer.

I tried to PM you but I keep getting an error message that the text does not match the picture.

Hoping that we can connect.

Paul

Frank v B

Paul,

Welcome to the hobby.  Happy to take you up on the club trainer.  If you do not have any equipment, don't buy it yet.  Take your intro flight first and then we will talk.

Call me on my cell.  416-605-0707.  I will be at the field this morning (Sunday but without the club trainer) 10 am-noon and then again on Wednesday per the top of this post.

Frank

PDS

Thanks for the quick reply Frank,

I cannot come this morning, but I will phone you later today.

I appreciate your help,

Paul

MikeRom

Hello Frank, I'm also new to the hobby, I searched RC flying clubs in GTA and TEMAC has by far the best and the most structured and comprehensive wings program period. I wish you can offer helicopter flying training as well, there is no any clubs in the area, I know of, that has a helicopter training program. Is that something TEMAC can consider? Thanks Mike.

Frank v B

Mike Romani,

Thanks for expressing interest in TEMAC.

I talked to you over the phone today. As discussed we are predominantly an electric airplane club because we fly the pattern (clockwise or CCW depending on the wind direction).  We allow any member to fly anything (incl. helicopter, 3D airplane, drone, etc.)  as long as they fly the pattern.  Hovering things get in the way of people flying the pattern at speed.

Drop by the field when you can.  I usually publish when I can be there.  This week I will try for Sunday, March 28  (10:00-1:00) and Wednesday (2:00-4:00 pm)

Call me if you have any questions.

Frank

MikeRom

Thanks Frank for your reply, I will stop by on Wednesday, see you then. Mike

sihinch

Reminder - to fly anything at TEMAC (planes, quads, drones or helis) pilots must have their "fixed wing" MAAC wings first.  :)