Temac Auction- Stuff from Alex Shao

Started by Frank v B, March 22, 2021, 11:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

One of our members, Alex Shao, has received a promotion at work and is now in China.  His wife was joining him today.  Oscar Mok was given one day to organize the removal of all the remaining airplane stuff.  Yesterday Oscar, Andy and I met at the house and took all the model stuff in 3 cars.  We are now going to auction it off.  Alex insisted that proceeds would all go to TEMAC, but Oscar and I have agreed we will ask him again once all the stuff is sold.

We are sorting through all the stuff and testing everything, assembling lots and taking photographs.

The auction will be on-line on this subject line.

The guidelines of the auction will be:
1) I will post each lot with description, photographs and a starting bid (a price I will assign. If it is the winning bid, I will tender the cash). 
2) Each lot will be posted and be valid for 2 full days so everyone can check it, research it and check the couches for loose change.  The auction ends by 8 pm of the assigned date.
3) The winning.....highest*...... bid is the one with the time stamp of the post less than, but not equal to, the time limit (i.e. 7:59:59 pm is a winner; 8:00:00 is a loser).
4) The only valid bids are those that appear on the TEMAC website.  Do not phone, text or e-mail me.

The reason for this approach- It gives working stiffs an equal footing with those who have the latest cell phones and those who do not have computer access during the day versus those who work on a computer all day.

The stuff- there are two airplanes, a lot of electronics (servos), many 12 volt power supplies, chargers, tools, etc.

Please stay tuned.  I will post the first items Wednesday evening.

Frank

* a P.Palumbo adjustment  ;D

"Never trade luck for skill"

ppalumbo

Hummm, couldn't help but notice that nowhere in this post does it refer to the highest bid however only to the bid closest to 8pm with out going over wins.. That's a skills challenge for sure LOL  ;-)