***SOLD****Lot 25- What are these for?? - 11 brand new glow plugs OS #8 medium.

Started by Frank v B, May 08, 2021, 08:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

A card of 11 brand new OS #8 Medium glow plugs.  These list for $9.99 each plus HST at GreatHobbies (total value $ 124).

These are never used at TEMAC but some members belong to other clubs (905, Toronto, Beeton etc.) as well or have friends there.  Anyone can bid on these, not just TEMAC members.

My starting bid is $5.00.  Minimum increment is $1.00.  Auction ends Thursday, May 13.  Last and highest bid before 8 pm. Thursday wins.  Time stamp equal to or less than 7:59:59 pm.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on May 08, 2021, 08:35:59 PM
A card of 11 brand new OS #8 Medium glow plugs.  These list for $9.99 each plus HST at GreatHobbies (total value $ 124).

These are never used at TEMAC but some members belong to other clubs (905, Toronto, Beeton etc.) as well or have friends there.  Anyone can bid on these, not just TEMAC members.

My starting bid is $5.00.  Minimum increment is $1.00.  Auction ends Thursday, May 13.  Last and highest bid before 8 pm. Thursday wins.  Time stamp equal to or less than 7:59:59 pm.

Frank

What are these for??

hey @Frank v B

Put one in each ear and connect a 3S lipo.  The application will be apparent.  ;D

Andy

pmackenzie

Frank v B

With great pleasure... Pat wins the glow plugs since he knows how to use them.  All for $6.00

For those of you who do not know Pat, he has been at the leading edge of electric flight for a long time, was on Canada's F3P team (RC indoor aerobatics) at the world championships.  He and his brother Ivan have represented Canada at the F2D (control line combat) world championships for years.  He is an RC glider competitor as well.

Pat was a member of Temac in the earlier days but spends most of his time on the other modelling disciplines.  It is great to see him read and contribute to our Forum regularly.

Thanks for participating in our auction.

The photo shows Pat at the far right and his brother Ivan in the middle- celebrating Ivan's 3rd place at the 2006 world combat championships, the highest ever placing for a Canadian.

Frank

ps: Pat, I can drop them off Sunday morning at 10 if you wish.

pmackenzie

Hi Frank,

Where did you find that picture?  Takes me back, I can almost feel the heat!
   It was hot, dry and higher altitude than we usually fly at. Motors were way down on power and the models down on lift so they turned bigger.
   Took some fiddling to get things to work properly.

Drop-off would be great :)
   How do you want payment? I can do e-transfer or cash on Sunday.

Pat

Frank v B

Pat,

$6.00 cash; Sunday 10 am.  - I have a bag of collected cash but will be e-transferring the total amount to Athol at the end.

Where did I get the photo?  Balsa Beavers Report on the World Championships.    http://www.balsabeavers.com/archives/reports/2000s/contest_report_2006.pdf

Frank

Frank v B

For those of you who have never flown or seen control line or F2D combat,  watch this combat video with Ivan and Pat Mackenzie going at each other.

Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvNzWqmgEM

pmackenzie

Good match, but pretty sure I lost that one.:(
Hitting the ground inverted probably sealed the deal  ;D

Along with so many other things that could not be done, last year basically not being able to fly F2D was tough.

Ivan and I did head down to the Bean Field in Dresden late in the summer, camped out overnight, and got in a bunch of practice matches against each other.
But nothing is quite like doing it for real, with a win or a loss at stake.

With any luck,  perhaps by late summer or early fall,  we might be able to get a contest in, and just as important see all our flying buddies (from both sides of the border).

Until then, we meet up every other week on Zoom :)

Pat

deltawing

AMAZING!!!
What a skill. I would tangled up on my first move. ;D