2014 Flight instruction

Started by thehaze, April 21, 2014, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Quote from: frajolex on May 06, 2014, 03:47:20 PM
Greg, what time are you planning to arrive @ Rogo? I've noticed I don't have the buddy cable, do you have one by any chance?   :'(

No worries i do have a buddy cable but look at picking one up just in case i can't make it out for a training night.

As Simon said watch the forum/forecast for updates on tonight's training.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

OK, so the weather forecast is marginally better now than it was this morning, but still with a 40% chance of showers.

As it stands now, at 1:45pm, I do intend to go.  So we can say training is going ahead, however......

All students coming to training tonight must do so in the full knowledge that if it rains, we will not be able to fly during the showers.  So there is a chance you may not fly.

Also, it looks like it will be fairly windy from the East - this will be a cross wind for our field, and quite strong wind for models.  So the smaller (<40" wingspan) and lighter models (like the SuperCub or Art-Tech Cessna) may not be able to fly.

Let's hope we get some flying in!  :)

Michael

What a great evening.

I got there early and was soon joined by Simon. We had a few flights before training started, but the highlight was when we both took off from the new runway at the same time with ultra-micro jets. That was fun, and we did it again at the end of the evening. We are now taking off and landing with approx. 1/2" wheels!

Some new flyers showed up. New flyers included Daniel, Denver, Andy, Gill and Oscar, and also John who is almost ready to earn his wings, and Avri who was testing some new models. Ed and Greg and Greg also helped out quite a bit. Despite the heavy winds, everyone got to do some flying.

This was my first time flying off the new runway, and it is really fun. There is still plenty of grass beyond the runway to land on, for those who prefer landing on grass.

I flew 4 different jets off the runway, and I'm really impressed.

Michael

sihinch

I agree, it was a fabulous evening! Welcome and congrats to all new 2014 students who flew last night.

We did a great repair on Denver & Daniels Supercub and radio - that was fun! Gill flew his apprentice on a Buddy box with Michael. Oscar flew great and let me have a go with the super-whizzy DX9 (I need one of them!!!) Avri and John were getting some circuit and landing practice in, and poor old Kevin didn't fly due to radio issues. It was also great to meet Andy who had a go with my 2m glider.

Everyone else was getting runway practice in - it's definitely going to make everyone's flying better and open up more models for everyone.

Like Michael said, my highlight was flying our Ultra Micro EDFs together with 1/2" wheels of the new runway. I even did a touch 'n' go!

Looking forward to next week!

battlestu

agreed the DX9 is super cool... no buddy cords and she talks in a British accent ... (oh behave  ;D )
and the runway was great for taking off from. I still need my first landing since Oscar was able to pull it off.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gil.E

Since flattering the flight instructors before getting wings should be avoided, for my first post on this site I'll just say thank you to everyone for the friendly and welcoming first class last night.

Gil Anonymous Student
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

sihinch

Gil

Flattery in our club is almost a requirement! :-)

Gil.E

Well in that case, I must say your presentation of club rules was second to none.
While we're at it, it would be helpful to post the Paypal account details for the Chief instructor, for smooth offshore cash transfers...     ;D
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

imran1042

Sounds like last night was lots of fun! Unfortunately I didn't get to see everyone and meet the new guys due to school work  >:( .
I'm hoping to be there next wednesday and I'm excited to try out the runway  ;D  . I no longer need to buy wheels every few weeks! :)
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Sounds like a great start to the 2014 season!

Sorry I couldn't make it. A big thank you to the instructors who made it a success.

Can't wait until next week!

Mike

Gil, I'll send you my paypal info ASAP. I also accept Pinnacle Hobbies Gift Cards.  ;)
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

frajolex

Me neither!  :(  I do business world travel and I had to miss last Wednesday.. and unfortunately I will miss next Wednesday (I will be in US).

I wonder if we can have instruction on a different day.... any instructors going to ROGO tomorrow? I'm planning to swing by with Fabiano just to meet whoever is there :)
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

I'm sorry, but I am not instructing this weekend.

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

Please remember that all our Instructors volunteer their time. They love this hobby and are happy to help, but they also like to enjoy flying and relax at the field some times. Please respect their contribution and down time.

thehaze

The conditions look good for training tomorrow evening May 14.

Charge your batteries and get ready to fly.

I plan on being there around 6:30.

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.