TEMAC TICKLER - News, Updates, and an ONLINE MEETING

Started by Michael, April 15, 2020, 02:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Despite being closed down due to the pandemic, things are happening within our club.

For the record, and it may seem redundant, the TEMAC board has unanimously declared that all official (and unofficial) organized (and unorganized) activity at the TEMAC field is cancelled until further notice.

That being said, we do foresee a time in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future, when the official quarantine/stay-home government policy changes, and flying activity, albeit probably with social distancing (and gloves and maybe masks), will be allowed again. Therefore, we have decided to go ahead and maintain the grass-cutting, and we may 'roll' (flatten) the field. When we'll be allowed to fly, the field will be ready in good condition. We are not replacing the runway this season, due to the current restraints.

We are going to have an online meeting!

Several TEMAC members have asked for an official online meeting, with the ZOOM app (for iPhone, iPad, etc.). There have been specific requests for a presentation on covering balsa models with heat-shrink plastic film. I'm thinking that it be held 7pm on Wednesday April 22, but we can discuss this on the TEMAC Forum website.

If you want to participate, the ZOOM app requires that you be invited to the conversation, so please send your email address to:   

[email protected]

Of course, download the app onto your device. When we do have the meeting on ZOOM, you'll need to indicate that you're using video and audio. If you have any questions, ask on the TEMAC Forum website.

Also, please submit questions regarding covering your models on the website.

There are several good 'threads' in the Building / Construction section of the TEMAC website forum. Go ahead and read them, and feel free to comment and participate.

Michael

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

I think there may a problem with Athol's email address listed here......my email got bounced back.

Michael

Michael