Informal flight training at Rogo Field Wednesday August 19, 5:00-8:00

Started by Frank v B, August 10, 2020, 06:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I'll be there regardless of the weather forecast, Andy forecast or Bruce forecast.

Be there 5:00 pm!!!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Gerald Danen

"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 10, 2020, 06:39:44 PM
I'll be there regardless of the weather forecast, Andy forecast or Bruce forecast.

Be there 5:00 pm!!!

Frank

Re: Informal flight training at Rogo Field Wednesday August 19

Darn!  I was going to wear my tuxedo!  8)

Andy

sihinch

Frank v B

The forecast looks good.  A little wind never bothered me.
Let's see if we can break the 20 car barrier again this week. ;) ;)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 18, 2020, 08:21:04 PM
The forecast looks good.  A little wind never bothered me.
Let's see if we can break the 20 car barrier again this week. ;) ;)

Frank

If the parking lot gets full due to COVID19 spacing, there's plenty of room in the west weeds, and if you put on floats you can park in the creek.  @Frank v B has an assortment of tow ropes buried in his van so you don't have to worry about getting stuck.  He also has rescue ladders on his roof for emergency egress!  If the mobility predicament is more long-term Frank has everything to redecorate your vehicle, inside and out!! (How do I know this?!!) 8)

Handy Andy

Andy

Frank v B

Andy is just jealous. 8)

Andy's emergency kit contains 2 gallons of windshield washer fluid and a camera.
That will get him far.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 18, 2020, 10:04:08 PM
Andy is just jealous. 8)

Andy's emergency kit contains 2 gallons of windshield washer fluid and a camera.
That will get him far.

Frank

Given that windshield washer fluid contains alcohol, it can readily be used as hand sanitizer, as well as a bracing beverage while waiting for the rescue crew ( @Frank v B )  to figure out which of his zillion nautical knots to use on the tow rope.  While the bowline knot is simple and perfectly suited to this application, it lacks the maritime snob appeal appropriate to the station of CFI, hence the likelihood of protracted deliberation necessitating a stiff drink.

As for the camera, you NEVER want to miss a photo op with Frank.   You can never have enough high-quality collateral imagery to meet future requirements.  A good camera, with fill flash at the ready, is a mandatory adjunct to a well-equipped flight bag, especially when the lighting environment dictates the use of fill flash (to which some folks are strangely averse, despite the clear benefits of its judicious application).  You can lead a horse to water.....   8)

Andy 

Frank v B

A great evening.  A little windy at the start but it settled down nicely.  Thank you to Oscar for solving 2 radio issues.... since he has read the instructions.

Photos:

95- only red cars allowed at TEMAC??
99- Rob figured out where the wings went.  Contemplating his next flight.
00- A glorious day.  Our fearless leader taking credit for the nice day.
02- Dave after another tough day at the office.
03- Glenn of Temac's expeditionary force.
04- Bob checking out the action again this week.
05- Kenny and his new leaf blower.
07- Gerald and his trainer.
08- Mike.  New to the hobby but 3 of his airplanes were maidened.
09- Gerald D. and Mark solving all the world's issues.
10- Kenny's A-4 Intruder. Skyhawk. Flew great.

Frank

sihinch

Correction - A4 Skyhawk  ;D

(A-6 Intruder!)  ;)

Looks like I missed a great night. I'm jealous.

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Simon,

Thanks for the correction.  Adjustment made.
What do I know about leaf blowers??*

Frank

* rhetorical- Andy.

Just be sure.  The Wiki definition:  "A rhetorical question is one for which the questioner does not expect a direct answer"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 20, 2020, 09:22:48 PM
Simon,

Thanks for the correction.  Adjustment made.
What do I know about leaf blowers??*

Frank

* rhetorical- Andy.

Just be sure.  The Wiki definition:  "A rhetorical question is one for which the questioner does not expect a direct answer"

The caveat to @Frank v B 's elucidation on rhetorical questions is that one should ever be cognizant of the target audience, which may have an abiding interest in providing a response! 8)

Andy

Frank v B

At Nabisco I worked for a brilliant president who said that in business "do not use language more difficult than "see Spot run" "
Andy would have lasted a nano-second.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 20, 2020, 10:36:56 PM
At Nabisco I worked for a brilliant president who said that in business "do not use language more difficult than "see Spot run" "
Andy would have lasted a nano-second.

Frank

@Frank v B is so right.  I need to cut throttle to one-syllable words for him.  I will order the appropriate lessons from Amazon.  :D

Andy