Informal Training this Wednesday, Sept 2, 5-8

Started by Frank v B, August 30, 2020, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be there on Wednesday Sept 2 to give anyone(guest, new member) a flight on the Club trainer.  If you need any help with a maiden or fine-tuning or trimming an airplane just come to the field and we will try to solve your problems*....... with airplanes.

Frank

* I don't fix marriages.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

There is some wet stuff trickling down from the sky as I am leaving for my first appointment.  Probably the remnants of one of Andy's sneezes. (Hurricane Andy)
I will be at the field at 5 pm come.......and high water. 
Remember who you are dealing with.   ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Three students showed up. 
Jan flew 3 flights and has about a dozen flights under the belt.  He did a great take-off and a very good landing in very difficult conditions.  Gusty crosswind, downdrafts, swirls and anything else that conspired against a plane flying straight and level.
Brand new member Mike Veit had an attempt at flying but it was very bouncy. He knows the bean field like the back of his hand and can draw a topographical map of the entire field from memory.  I failed to pull the Club Trainer out of two difficult situations.  It turns out it fell out of the sky in exactly the same place.  When I flew over the next time it was the exact area where there was a significant downdraft within a thermal.  First time I have experienced that anomaly.
Paul Brown was invited by Athol to drop by and he did.  He has bought an Apprentice but has not assembled it yet.  He tried  flight with the Club Apprentice but it acted up again.  This time the fuse broke ahead of the tail feathers.  A 5 minute fix.

Thank you to Mark Satin for his assistance while the students were waiting their turn.

Frank

Photos:
70- Paul Brown (left) and Mike Veit
71- The Club Trainer gave up on me.
72- Paul (l), Mike (c) and Jan (r) after the flying session.

Andy Hoffer

Hey @Frank v B ,

Re: When I flew over the next time it was the exact area where there was a significant downdraft within a thermal.  First time I have experienced that anomaly.

Did you do a follow-up investigation of said thermal with your glider, which is seen sniffing the Club Trainer's behind in photo #2671?!!  :D

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re: downdraft

Go back to painting your garage door. ;D
This is way too technical for you. ;)

Frank

ps: Andy painted his garage door a bright orangy red so he has something to aim for and the blood won't show. 8)