No informal (or formal) flight instruction this Wed. or any Wed. until spring.

Started by Frank v B, September 28, 2020, 06:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Despite the restrictions of COVID, we were able to supply informal instruction.... while meeting Covid restrictions until last week.  Graham reminded me that this year's instruction period was one week longer than normal.  The sun sets too early these days.

Quite a few people managed to get training in.  Thank you to those who helped without being asked to prep planes, answer visitor questions and get transmitters transmitting.  People like Mark, Oscar, Peter, Dave.  Even Andy pitched in a few times.

We also managed to have a few laughs along the way.

Now we start the slow shut-down until the white stuff appears.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Does it mean we will begin winter flight survival instruction training?  :P

Frank v B

Oscar,

re:  "Does it mean we will begin winter flight survival instruction training?  :P"

I am going into hibernation hiding.

Ask Andy. :D
Snow is referred to as "Andy's dandruff".

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Thank you, Frank, for your dedication to our club and our members.

Despite no official training this year, you volunteered your time to help members, all while navigating the Covid19 restrictions.

3 cheers to Frank!
Michael

davidk

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

WilliamA

Hi Frank,     My very many thanks for having informal instructions on Wednesdays for the past few months.
It comes with a dedication to the hobby and to the club members for venturing bravely on to ROGO field at this stage of the covid-19 pandemic to try and improve the flying skills of your members .
Hopefully, this situation will be a thing of the past by next year and everything can revert to normalcy .Be safe and keep safe.
                :D  :D       William and Joseph.

GuyOReilly

Wednesday evenings were a time for training and the possible maiden flight of a new creation.  ;D  @Frank v B , I suspect that your services for maiden-flight-testing would remain available, regardless of any uncontrollable circumstances...     ;)