TEMAC Runway

Started by davidk, May 02, 2021, 09:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forenplayer

I'm in Dave, just let us know when.

Alex

Andy Hoffer

Glad to help @davidk .  I can set up an earthworm rescue station.  :D

Should we get a waste hauler to take away the old runway fabric, and maybe a few derelict patio chairs?

Andy

Georgetsigaridis

Count me in as well David. Glad to help! George

Forenplayer

Hi David
I found 3 landscaping company who are willing to do it. How do they contact you?

davidk

Quote from: Forenplayer on May 05, 2021, 09:42:42 AM
Hi David
I found 3 landscaping company who are willing to do it. How do they contact you?

That's great Alex, send me a private message with their details.  I'll give them a call.
Can you provide the contact names of the people you talked with?

davidk

Quote from: davidk on May 05, 2021, 12:30:11 PM
Quote from: Forenplayer on May 05, 2021, 09:42:42 AM
Hi David

That's great Alex, send me a private message with their details.  I'll give them a call.
Can you provide the contact names of the people you talked with?

Thanks again Alex.  As you mentioned in our conversation, these companies were only willing to do the rolling part... which is the easiest part of the whole process.

The plan for TEMAC to put in a new runway has been in place for quite some time.  It's not the plan or planning that is/was the tough part.  It was getting someone to a) understand what was needed b) actually look into the specifics  c) have a look at the field  d) return calls  e) actually commit to doing the job.

Lots of companies will roll the field, but no one will remove the old Geotex and put down the new Geotex.  This whole process is what I was referring to in this thread's opening post.

Thanks for having a look.

Judging by the responses to this thread we will have the people needed to do the job.  We just need to wait for the stay at home order to be lifted and then organize.

David

flying IT

hi been awhile since I posted anything.

Coming from a farmers son, has anyone asked the farmer about what we can do, and if he/she can possibly lend assistance?  Am I wrong, or does not the land actually belong to developers, not to the person who is farming it?  From the equipment that has been used, the person who is farming it now, is not the same as four years ago.

I have seen their rollers (we call them packers)  a couple passes with that thing and it will flatten everything.

I believe the proper way of doing this is to dig it out, and treat it the same as putting in a lane way

davidk

Quote from: flying IT on May 05, 2021, 07:20:39 PM
hi been awhile since I posted anything.

Coming from a farmers son, has anyone asked the farmer about what we can do, and if he/she can possibly lend assistance?  Am I wrong, or does not the land actually belong to developers, not to the person who is farming it?  From the equipment that has been used, the person who is farming it now, is not the same as four years ago.

I have seen their rollers (we call them packers)  a couple passes with that thing and it will flatten everything.

I believe the proper way of doing this is to dig it out, and treat it the same as putting in a lane way

That option has been looked into and is not available.

As I've said, renting a roller and rolling is the easiest part of the whole process.  Digging out the runway is not an option, nor is it required.

I'm onto another possible "full" solution... so I'll report back on that when I know more.

Gregor77

I am in, just let me know....

RogMason

Just checked in and saw this post - Yes, I'll be willing to assist in anyway I can - cutting into strips, rolling tying and stacking for removal etc.  -  all Covid regs allowing of course.

Stroll-on post Covid, new runway and flying chaps!!
'Roger That...'