E F 1 Pylon Race

Started by Polecat, September 22, 2019, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Hi E F 1 racers,  just a reminder about the race on Sun Oct. 6, as there is a few more guys who haven't replied if they are attending or not.
People attending Frank V, Simon, Bruce [helping], Cory, Rick, Dave, Mike and Ken.
Looking for 10 pilots, hope to here from you.
If there is anything you might need, eg lipos, motors and esc, I will lend to you for the race, but if damage its yours and will have to pay.
Lets get the interest back in E F 1 pylon!!!

Ken

Michael

I'm really sorry, I won't be able to participate.

Michael

Polecat

Thanks for replying Michael, hope to see you out next year.

Ken

GuyOReilly

I plan to be present and cheer you guys on!  Looking forward to seeing the action, but way too fast for my reflexes. 
Guy

Frank v B

Guy,

Thanks for declaring your support for the fast TEMAC members.  I can feel the Orangeville boys are already shaking in their boots.  Some of them even go down to the USA Nats to get int a little practice before they race us. ;)
Get that second-last place trophy ready for me. 8)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Lots of speed and planes... sounds perfect.

I'll be there to cheer on the TEMAC team.

msatin

I will be there as well.
Please note that I will need to leave by about 1:30 or 2:00pm for a family commitment.
I'm Looking forward to this!
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Looks like Rudie Nagelmakers (Beeton Flyers) will try to meet us for a morning cup of coffee at Tim's in Schomberg.  He lives there (Schomberg.... not Tim's).
If his packing for a trip is under control he may join us at Orangeville.

Frank

bweaver

I am going there to assist.  If anyone wishes to carpool with me, let me know. I have room for plane or two in the back.  Just contact me. 

Bruce

Polecat

Looking forward to meet some of the new Temac guys and thanks Frank for heading this up at your end. Just round up a few more Temac pilots to get there act together and get out to do some laps.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

I will shake the tree this Wednesday when we have our first Pilot's Meeting.

Frank

Frank v B

ROLL CALL TEMAC EF-1 RACERS!!

Ken needs to know who is coming to race. 

I am confirmed.
Glenn will not be attending.
The volunteers are confirmed last I talked to them (Bruce, David, Mark, Guy)
Greg Hazleton can confirm this afternoon once he knows if parts arrive at work.  If they arrive, he has to work on the weekend.  If not... choices!
Greg promised to shake his brother Mike from his deep sleep after a hectic summer at work.

Tonight I will post the directions and where we meet.

Check this post just in case Ken has to make a call on the weather.
Frank

Polecat

Frank here is the list of pilots attending  Simon, Frank from Temac. Brantford  Cory, Rick, Dave, Mike and me.
So not a good turn out of pilots, I had hoped for more.
Also I sent you a PM last evening, regarding your cell phone number, this is to call you if the weather is really crappy up here. As its a long drive and we couldn't fly

Ken

GuyOReilly

Very sorry to say I will not be able to attend as I had planned... :'(
Perhaps next time. Guy

Frank v B

Directions to the Orangeville EF-1 races.

At approx 8:30 am we start at Tim's on the west side of Hiway #27, less than one km south of Hiway #9.  Note: Hiway #27 is 6 km west of Hiway 400 at the south end of Holland Marsh.

We will leave Tim's in a convoy by 9 am.  In brackets are the cumulative distances from Tim's (67 km's).

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection (west side).
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's (47.5 km's) to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's (63.8 km's) until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's (65.2 km's) it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km (67.0 km's) mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the flying stars.

Frank (Mr. Second Last Place)
cell- 416-605-0707