Winter builds begin!

Started by Gregor77, November 24, 2013, 07:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Well after the snowy surprise yesterday. I started working on an older n28 from Bill A.  Carmen and I took a quick run last week and grabbed the plane. It needed the top wing and lower finished that took an evening.  Covering and installing the servos was all day Saturday.   I just finished installing the vickers machine guns and was wondering were can I get light aluminum sheeting to make the trays for the bullets to run into the guns?

Madman

Greg

Should have mentioned the aluminum when you were here! Gotta remember, I have too much everything in materials. BTW I PMed you on RCC, did you find a servo adaptor in the plane? I never found one.

Stephen

Gregor77

I didn't see one in the plane or the box?  I do recall we took them off and they should be near the pool table?  Do you think it might have fallen in one of the pockets?  Right now the plane is safe in the main room near the n28. Once the power systems arrive for both planes I will work on getting both rear. What do you recommend for servos for the d7?  I like hi techs.

Gregor77

Now that I fixed my Iphone camera, we are back in business! Here are some of the shots of the N28.

Gregor77

And yes, I was painting on the Kitchen table...  ::)

piker

Those planes are looking very nice!

BTW, did you buy Stephen's D7?   :o

Gregor77

Thanks Rob...

Yes, it is in display status while I am collecting parts for it...

I am starting back on the N-17 as I have to wait for the motor for the D7 and N28.  I found out the N28 was flown bu Douglas Campbell.  American WW1 ace, he died at the age of 94 in 1990.  Very cool!  Well not the fact he died, but the fact that it was modelled after someone and I got the paint right.  Just ordered the graphics so hopefully they will be here next week.

Madman

Greg

If interested I could let the servos that were on the ailerons go. Basically the same as HS225s and we know they will fit.

Stephen

Gregor77

I just bought some HS485 HD and HS635MG for the tail and elevator.  That should more than enough for the plane according to Dave at PIN.  I also used the 485/635 combo on the N28 which is overkill.

Getting back to the other plane the N17, I am sanding away at the wings right now.. After wing night.. It appears that I can only sand sand and sand more to get the glue off. 

williame3590

Keep up the good work Greg

Bill